• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Camera app or alternative

Albie999

Nov 1, 2010
I quite like the camera app that comes with 4.3 on the S3. I like the GPS Tagging, the embedding of the weather on the day taken, and also the functions such as HDR, Panorama etc and also being able to pause the video whilst recording, so that only one file is produced, rather than stop and starting

I'm thinking of changing to an AOSP build, and wondered if you are able to get the samsung camera app as an APK to install, or what other app would give the same functionality

Im not much of a photographer so i just use the google camera mate.
Nah i think the tw one just wont work with a non samsung rom. Not sure of the reasons behind it. Same with hdmi output, you need a tw rom for that too.
I think theres some debloated tw roms out there that have a stock android look to them but obviously no kitkat ones :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Been trying a few of the camera apps out there, but they all seem to lack the panoramic feature that TW Samsung has. Not used Camera Zoom FX yet, as cannot seem to find a trial free version of it .... although reading up on that, that also does not have panorama feature

Is there really nothing on par with the Samsung Camera App?

Upvote 0
I think it came in the gapps im using, either that or the rom. Im not sure. Im guessing it has to be flashed though and not just installed normally. Ill have a look...
Ive uploaded the google camera apk if anyone wants to try installing it. I cant guarantee it will work though... it maybe needs the gallery to go with it to view photospheres (?) And it maybe has to be installed as a system app

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones