Samsung Captivate - Android 2.2

Last Updated:

1. quizzer

quizzer New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I'm planning to buy Captivate. I have to get the android 2.2 on it to be able to access my corporate mails.

Will upgrading to android 2.2, negate the warranty on the phone since 2.2 is'nt available for captivate offically?

Also what will happen when the android 2.2 releases officially in the future? How will it affect the instrument since it already has the 2.2 loaded?

What will happen when android 3 is released? Will we be able to download that time?

Also how are users feeling after the upgrade to fryo? Has it fixed the GPS issue fully?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Installing custom ROM's on your phone will, most likely void your warranty. While this point is somewhat arguable, it's difficult to win such battles outside of a courtroom.

When an official release of FroYo is finally made available for your phone, you'll likely not see it while running the custom ROM. To get access to the official distribution you'd need to return your phone to it's factory ROM.

Based on rumors it's likely that the next version of Android, Gingerbread, will be known as Android 2.3 or maybe even Android 2.5. It's presently believed that Honeycomb will be Android 3.0. Of course all of this can change at any moment...