samsung captivate bloatware

1. kingmurry

kingmurry Member

is it safe to uninstalll all the bloatware are should i leave certain onesm ive already got rid of att apps but i was wondering about ,talk ,my files ,instant messaging ,and daily briefing :confused: main thing dont want to cause problems everything is running good as-is

Advertisement
    :
  2. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

How are you 'getting rid' of them? Don't delete them. From the CapFAQ, linked in my signature:

kingmurry likes this.
  3. kingmurry

kingmurry Member

too late there deleted, i downloaded the jh7.zip file ,how hard is it to reinstall them
  4. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

I think you have to use Odin, but I do believe the damage is done. I hope this doesn't break your ability to get the official 2.2 upgrade. It also voids your warranty (rooting does, too). Even with the Odin restore you aren't really 'stock' anymore, from what I've heard.
    kingmurry likes this.
  5. kingmurry

kingmurry Member

thanks for the help, froze the rest of the apps on the list, hope my mistake doesn't cost me,if we ever get 2.2
  6. tylerdurdin

tylerdurdin Well-Known Member

If it makes you feel any better there are hundreds and hundreds of us on the forum that have gutted these phones and as their is NO going back to a TRUE factory there is always Odin and when an official release is dropped, the Devs at XDA will get it to us better than Samsung could. ;)

be careful deleting stuff though or you may find yourself in a tricky spot and possibly errors after reboot, especially stopping services and things like Gtalk. read through the captivate stickies you will find all the good stuff.
    dont sweat it though you have just opened the most fun Pandoras box ever.:D
    kingmurry likes this.