• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

samsung captivate bloatware

kingmurry

Nov 14, 2010
is it safe to uninstalll all the bloatware are should i leave certain onesm ive already got rid of att apps but i was wondering about ,talk ,my files ,instant messaging ,and daily briefing :thinking: main thing dont want to cause problems everything is running good as-is

How are you 'getting rid' of them? Don't delete them. From the CapFAQ, linked in my signature:

"Freezing"

In Titanium Backup, you can "freeze" apps to disable them without having to uninstall them (which can't be restored since Titanium Backup doesn't back up built-in system apps). When you use this feature, neither the app nor its data is changed but only how it's registered to the Android OS. This is preferred to uninstalling system apps as problems have been seen when stock apps are missing, such as system updates failing. Be sure to set the "Apps processing mode" to "AUTO, Indirect" in the Titanium Backup settings otherwise freezing an app can take an extremely long time to complete.

Reactions: kingmurry
Upvote 0
thanks for the help, froze the rest of the apps on the list, hope my mistake doesn't cost me,if we ever get 2.2

If it makes you feel any better there are hundreds and hundreds of us on the forum that have gutted these phones and as their is NO going back to a TRUE factory there is always Odin and when an official release is dropped, the Devs at XDA will get it to us better than Samsung could. ;)

be careful deleting stuff though or you may find yourself in a tricky spot and possibly errors after reboot, especially stopping services and things like Gtalk. read through the captivate stickies you will find all the good stuff.
dont sweat it though you have just opened the most fun Pandoras box ever.:D

Reactions: kingmurry
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones