• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Captivate Glide loosing clls n texts

aratswad88

Lurker
Oct 24, 2012
I am having massive problems with my samsung captivate glide phone. No matter where I am if my husband tries to call me myphone never rings. He doesn't even get my voicemail. He has tried to call me numerous times when I am in town and calls from our home phone or his cell and does this for 2-3 hours and if I canll him it's fine he just can't get ahold of me. Also not getting all texts. One text from him took a month to get. Others take hours or days before they ever show up on my phone as a new text then shows me the time and date and they are always late. Now not only is my husband mad but now my friends are also thinking I am ignoring them with calls and text when I never get them. Just got a replacement phone. Plugged it in last night and charged it and today first day of use not getting calls all day from hubby and got text msgs 10 min to 2-3 hours later. Please tell me what to do because if there is an emergency and i have kids no one would be able to reach me. Only way they do is if I call them or they call me on my home phone which almost takes away use for this junk I have. I am at a loss. I had another phone before this one different brand and same thing with it but never missed calls for this long but texts were as bad. I was told it's the tower coverage causing me missing calls if it's busy. For 3-4 hours? If anyone has answers please help me I am out of options. Thank you!

Welcome aratswad88!
I am really sorry about your phone issues! The identical problems on 2 different phones?
Are you and your husband on the same carrier? Do you know if others/friends are on the same carrier?

It's odd both phones and you mentioned another brand phone with similar issues.

I am inclined to say it may be carrier/tower related but not 100% sure.

Some one else might know something I don't.
But I am glad you came here for help :)

Reactions: aratswad88
Upvote 0
Sorry I read about not posting issues after I did it. Sooo sorry. Yes we are both on the same carrier. He has an I-phone. Yep different phone altogether but issues are so much worse with this phone. ATnT thinks I'm a crazy woman. I am cause my phone rarely works. No matter where I am at. Doesn't matter where I am I miss calls. He just calls me more. I miss other calls but don't know til they reach me at home later. So not sure what to do or where to go at this point. I feel lost as now it's happeneing with replacement phone. If youknow anywhere I can go or call anyone let me know. I am almost desperate at this point. lol

Upvote 0
Reactions: aratswad88
Upvote 0
Thanks again. I fouf a few people with the same problems but no answers on what to do to fix it. I think I am going to have to switch to another phone as maybe mine doesn't like my area I live in.lol

If you are getting bad service you could try using service locating apps or even some service boosting apps.

Most Reliable Mobile Network Boosting Apps

Hope this helps, oh and welcome to the forums :D

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones