1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Samsung Captivate Gone WildSupport

1. allencosby

allencosby New Member

I have a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate. The problem started 2 days after the warranty expired (typical). The model is SGH-I897. It has stopped working properly. It keeps flashing the "screen locked" screen as if I pressed the toggle switch. I will only stay on for about 20 seconds once I unlock the phone. I cannot make calls or anything of the sort. I have backed everything up, and was just going to do a master reset, but I cannot get it it work. This is what I am doing. Taking out the battery. Reinserting the battery. Hold down the volume down button while still holding the on/off button. The instructions say hold it only until you see the first ATT logo. Then a menu is supposed to display. Not in my case. I have also tried the reset from in side the phone from the settings menu. No help there. Any suggestions or am I going to have to the unthinkable, and get another phone?

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Thread moved to the appropriate device forum for expert advice. Thanks in advance! :)