• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Samsung Captivate Help Please!

truchamp06

Lurker
Mar 11, 2011
Hi!

Im new to the Andriod market. I had a blackberry, and it just wasnt as spiffy as this lovely phone.

However I am having some issues and questions. I am a complete newbie. I dont understand any of this lingo im reading and if you all could help me out that would be great.

I have a Samsung Captivate from At&t

Here are my questions.

1. How do I do screen shots?
2. How do I get rid of the stock att aps on my phone.
3. How do I get my notifications to pop up. Im having to go into the app like Facebook, Heytell, Words with friends, to actually get the notifications even my gmail. I dont get them in the notifications box.

Those are my top questions. I would also know how to trick my phone out. I want to use it for all I can you know? Thanks in advance!

Audrey

Hi!

Im new to the Andriod market. I had a blackberry, and it just wasnt as spiffy as this lovely phone.

However I am having some issues and questions. I am a complete newbie. I dont understand any of this lingo im reading and if you all could help me out that would be great.

I have a Samsung Captivate from At&t

Here are my questions.

1. How do I do screen shots?
2. How do I get rid of the stock att aps on my phone.
3. How do I get my notifications to pop up. Im having to go into the app like Facebook, Heytell, Words with friends, to actually get the notifications even my gmail. I dont get them in the notifications box.

Those are my top questions. I would also know how to trick my phone out. I want to use it for all I can you know? Thanks in advance!

Audrey

1. need to root, then install shootMe or something similar
2. root, then install titanium backup
3. popup notifications depend on the app. i dont use any of those apps so i dont know if they have popups or not. if you want sms popups you can get an app like Go SMS or Handcent and you can enable popups in those

Reactions: truchamp06
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones