1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

samsung captivate issues

1. dsweeden

dsweeden New Member

my captivate is flipping out i dont know how to fix it the phone wont let me do anything it is sitting here vibraiting every couple of seconds it is reading logs,provider(process,com.sec.andriod.provider.logsprovider has stopped. and calender storage also it keeps foreclosing but they keep popping up every second one after another i am unable to do anything no text no calls no nothing

Advertisement
    :
  2. Silvertag

Silvertag Well-Known Member

Stock, rooted phone, ROMed ?

A Factory Reset sounds in order.
  3. julie524

julie524 Active Member

That happened to me about a year ago. I did a factory reset and it hasn't happened since.
  4. JellyBean25

JellyBean25 New Member

I'm having some of the same issues, but it seems like everything is force closing now. It was a little weird before the Android update, but now it barely works. Thankfully, I am up for an upgrade in two weeks. I only hope that it will last that long.
  5. Android26

Android26 Well-Known Member

did you try taking the battery out and rebooting? Just making sure we didn't skip any steps.
  6. julie524

julie524 Active Member

I had this happen to mine a little over a year ago. I took it to an AT&T store and they did a factory reset and it hasn't had that issue since. There's been other issues, but not the one where all those .log screens come on saying they have to force close.