Samsung Captivate keyboard on Droid XSupport

Last Updated:

1. TheAlmightyDrew

TheAlmightyDrew Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 20, 2010
    I was previously an iPhone user at AT&T for over a year and a half until about a month ago. I got fed up with AT&T's poor service, switched to Verizon and got the Droid X. When I called AT&T to cancel my service, they offered me the Captivate for $100 off if I stayed. For some reason, I entertained the idea and went to AT&T to play around with the phone. One thing I definitely loved a lot about the phone was the keyboard. It reminded me of my iPhone's keyboard and it was extremely easy to type on from the get-go. I have been with my Droid X for almost a month now and I am still getting used to typing on this thing.

I have tried Better Keyboard and the iPhone Better Keyboard skin. None of those were very good. I am not going to go back to AT&T for the Captivate (although I may trade in the Droid X for the Fascinate if it comes out soon), but for now my question is: is it possible to port the Samsung Captivate keyboard to my Droid X? I know a lot of people were able to port the Droid X's multi-touch keyboard to their android phones.

2. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
  3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    It would simply be a matter of someone willing to put in the time to port it over. They have a port of the HTC keyboard over at xda. You might try looking over there for something like this.