Samsung Captivate & Macbook Pro (synching)

Last Updated:

1. Ferrellra

Ferrellra Member This Topic's Starter

All,

My iphone 3gs was stolen yesterday. I ordered a new Samsung Captivate with AT&T. I have been looking around online and Samsung says that the software that comes with the phone is not compatible with MAC computers and their OS system. Does anybody know anything about this or a work around?

Regards,
    Rusty

rustyandnilsa@gmail.com

Advertisement
  2. inku

inku Member

you can use double twist

Ferrellra likes this.
  3. NOSintake

NOSintake Well-Known Member

What are you trying to do? I have a Mac, and it syncs just fine for me. Turned on debugging on my phone, connected it, and selected mount on the phone, and my Mac sees it. Only thing I can think that may have an affect is the fact that I have doubletwist for my music (I've heard it downloads drivers so that you can see the phone???). But outside of that, I haven't done anything to my computer

Ferrellra likes this.
  4. Ferrellra

Ferrellra Member This Topic's Starter

I have the Samsung Captivate coming today. Is Android 2.2 already out? If so is it available for the phone I have coming?

Thanks,
    Rusty

5. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

Though Android 2.2 (Froyo) has been officially released, it is not yet officially available for any of the Samsung Galaxy S variants. The vanilla (Euro) version of the SGS may get it in September; which, if true, likely means any of the US variants won't see it until after then.

Ferrellra likes this.