Samsung Captivate only used for a few days

Last Updated:

1. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My dad ordered a Samsung Captivate through some work promo and he hates it, has never owned a smart phone before and it's just too big and complicated for him lol. It seems he's stuck with it now and he went back to his old cheapo phone so I told him I'd try selling it here or craigslist. Asking $250 OBO. I am Paypal US verified which is how I'd like to do the transaction.

Advertisement
  2. mp3ster

mp3ster Active Member

Pm'd!

3. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

consider this sold for now I have quite a few pms.

4. jaero35

jaero35 Member

This dude "SNORGE" is a fraud. Sent him my money and still haven't recieved the Samsung Captivate.

5. StDevious

StDevious Well-Known Member

that's sad to hear. :(

6. Painkiller006

Painkiller006 Member

I HATE people that try to earn the quick bucks by taking other peoples hard earn money :(

7. pricej636

pricej636 Member

Sucks if its true, but the transaction happened just before the weekend and its barely Monday now. Hopefully they will fulfill their obligations and you get the phone early this week.

8. Painkiller006

Painkiller006 Member

We should have a Sticky of trusted sellers or something to try and avoid scams

9. jaero35

jaero35 Member

Yes we should have a sticky thread for frauds. My transaction happened September 16th. I'm gettin my back for sure

10. rfc

rfc New Member

I second the FRAUD comment. Sent him payment on 8/30 and have not received the phone. Though I have received lots of different stories.

Currently in dispute with paypal...

11. Bigbox

Bigbox New Member

Hello everyone I would Like to give everyone some good purchasing advice! If your going to purchase an item Please Use A Credit Card thats attached to your Paypal account! Period! Why 1. If you ever have an dispute or Fraud in this case, It would become a federal crime and not a local juridiction case. i.e. I have to find out where the person lives and file a civil case against them. 2 Credit Card Companies have a very large Fraud Department thats always on the case. 3 These Fraud Departments work hand in hand with Paypal, Ebay, Western Union, and more. Since the economy has taken a toll on most of us hard working folks criminal mind lurk these sites and its hard to catch these theives! 4. You will never know if the item was stolen and you can become a defendant in a receiving stolen goods case. 5 Always ask the person for a home address as if you dont have a Paypal account, and at very least a cell phone number to inquiry more about the product making sure to email the same questions that way you have evidence in case something goes wrong. Thanks Be careful!

12. jaero35

jaero35 Member

I gave Paypal a heads up on this situation last week. I'm putting in a dispute now