Samsung Captivate vs Moto Bravo vs Moto Flipside

Last Updated:

1. redsox21

redsox21 Member This Topic's Starter

I am asking this because my mom is getting her upgrade and I dont know whats right for her. I have a captivate that has 2.2 and Ryanza lagfix but my mom will be coming from a pantech slate( i know its old :p) but i just want her to have a phone that wont overwelm her. I think the captivate is the best phone around but i need yalls opinion. Plus i want to know if the motos are laggy and stuff and their pros and cons cause if they are laggy to the point of screen hangs and stuff she is getting the captivate, cause she needs a phone that wont freeze when she needs it most! Also how are the motos screen?

Advertisement
  2. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member

Honestly, if she wants a phone to use as a phone that's going to work well, Nokia is the way to go. No lag, good features, durable, lasts long, and simple to use.

3. acertainman

acertainman Active Member

Depending on what kind of user your mom is, I'd say (sort of like yahoowizard said) go for a device that has the longest battery life. Even go so far to consider whether an Android phone is best for her.

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I think the Flipside is cool as hell, but I think the Galaxy S series are the best Android handsets out there, excepting the GPS problem.

In closing, get her a Captivate. Lol.

4. tcv

tcv Well-Known Member

Sounds like she could use an iphone.

5. NJR

NJR Well-Known Member

Flipside and Bravo are mid tier Androids where the Captivate is considered top tier. That being said even thought the Moto's have 2.1 the Moto Blur they have gives them many of the features of 2.2

6. La Luna

La Luna Well-Known Member

Why not let your Mom decide herself what phone she wants? I bought my Captivate on my own, my kids didn't tell me what to get. Only she knows what she needs and likes.

Edit: Maybe take her shopping to check out different phones.

7. viny2cool

viny2cool Well-Known Member

if u have to decide between thise 3 phones, definately go for captivate. If you dont want android, Iphone is good option to be used just out of the box....no need to work on anything. Android phones are good, but you need to know how to use them to save your battery and improve performace.

If she doesnt want smart phone at all. Dont bother with android or iphone,....get her good sleek Nokia....

8. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

The answer is not an easy one and will be different (as seen in the posts here) between users. A few questions to ask, that will hopefully help

Does she text/e-mail a lot? then get a keyboard
    Does she use Facebook/Myspace...? Than go with a phone with Motoblur; I had a backflip and the motoblur interface is killer; the Motorola flipside looks best
    Does/is she going to use the phone for GPS? Don't go with the Captivate or get a TomTom
    Does she plan on using the phone for work, or heavy e-mail?
    Does she plan on using the phone for heavy applications, like video or HTML/Exchange e-mail or VPN
    ? The Captivate is the only way to go as the rest just don't have any real power.

Also ponder this, she is going to have this phone for the next 2 years; so if you go with something like the backflip or flipout, is she really going to be happy with a phone that is already outdated today, 2 years from now? Right now the Captivate is the only AT&T powerhouse that should be standing tall in 2 years.

9. viny2cool

Why not captivate? I like ADW launcer Interface, I am using on my captivate for social networking. How is Motoblur better? I have never seen moto blur, so just curiousity question.

I agree totally. if she doesnt want iphone 4.

10. james27007

11. viny2cool

let me get straight, u mean Motoblur has good widgets to update the facebook and twitter?

12. james27007

It is the only good thing, but yes; 100 times better than budies now and the facebook widget combined.

13. chrisphoenix7

chrisphoenix7 Well-Known Member

I have had a captivate. It was agood phone, but it bit the dust. My replacement was worse. They don't make them anymore, so all you can get is a refurbished. The Bravo is faster than the captivate. It's better. The interface isn't as good, but it's better. So,.... go with the bravo. Never go with the flip Motorola things.

Actually, the flipout is good... so....

14. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Well-Known Member

For updating Facebook, Twitter, etc. nothing beats "tweetdeck" (a third-party app that's free on the market), but the Captivate does have this feature with the Samsung Feeds and Updates widget that comes stock on it.

15. 58mark

58mark Member

I did a LOT of research on the captivate, and read way too many reviews from people that were so sick of the bugs that they returned them... (not all, but a disturbingly high percentage)

I took a chance on getting the bravo even though there were next to no reviews available on it at the time.

I am THRILLED. It's fast, lightweight, easy to operate and customize, and I cna' find a single "bug" The GPS works better than I ever thought a phone could, it locks in in places that it really shouldn't but does anyway.

The ringer is nice and loud, the phone is fast, the screen is beautiful, what more could you want?

oh yeah, some people complain that the phone is only a 3MP... That doesn't bother me, I don't consider a phone to be anything more than a fun snapshot camera, and wouldn't consider taking serious pictures with it.

I LOVE motoblur, and my whole family is incredibly jealous of my phone... they all want one now

Go bravo!