Samsung confirms GS2 gets JellybeanGeneral

Last Updated:

1. captfbgnet

captfbgnet Member

Alongside today's Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for some Galaxy S3 models, the Korean manufacturer has confirmed that it'll also be updating some fifteen existing devices to the latest version of Google's OS. Though no timeframe for release is provided, owners of the devices below can rest assured that they'll eventually get Jelly Bean, even if the update takes a few months to arrive.
    The devices so far confirmed by Samsung as "following soon" are --
    GALAXY Tab 2 7.0 & 10.1, GALAXY Note 10.1, GALAXY SII, GALAXY Note, GALAXY Tab 7.0 Plus, GALAXY S Advance, GALAXY SII LTE, GALAXY Music, GALAXY Chat, GALAXY Ace 2, GALAXY Beam, GALAXY Ace Plus, GALAXY mini II and GALAXY S DUOS.

Advertisement
  2. biff441

biff441 Member

Here's the article. I hope Sprint doesn't drag it's developers' feet and we truly do get this before the end of the year.

Samsung begins Galaxy S III Jelly Bean updates, 15 additional models scheduled | The Verge
  3. JaniceK

JaniceK Well-Known Member

Anything to help the ICS battery drain!
    ;-)
  4. Cavemansol

Cavemansol Well-Known Member

Good news, but I dont believe for a second that we'll see it anytime soon
  5. concealer404

concealer404 Member

And even if we do, Sprint will manage to screw it up badly.
  6. regression

regression Well-Known Member

This isn't too promising:

SAMSUNG
  7. biff441

biff441 Member

Called samsung tech support and got a supervisor. She said that 4.1 hadn't been released yet and told her I was on samsung's web site and they listed the phones that were getting it. I asked her if she read samsung's web site and got the circle jerk... well it's up to the carrier to approve which phones are getting it not up to samsung...blah blah blah. The site does say check back and see if other devices will be added to the list, but no carrier had added the sII. Nope, doesn't look good.
    JaniceK likes this.
  8. teky

teky Well-Known Member

It's entirely up to Sprint...and I've always doubted they would go beyond ICS on this phone. They have a real problem with updates. So, just because the generic Galaxy S2 is slated for the update, there is no evidence at all the E4GT is getting it and, in fact, it's highly doubtful...this phone is close to EOL.
  9. Milky1112

Milky1112 Member

Yes, the S2 will get JB. There are "Leaks" out of the build already.
  10. greenghost2212

greenghost2212 Well-Known Member

Plus im on a aosp rom as I type on my white epic and just cause a phone is eol doesn't mean no update the ns4g is eol and got official jb and is only single core our phone is duel core and more power so yeah we will get jb and possibly klp
  11. heyjoojoo

heyjoojoo Well-Known Member

Yes, I have a leaked version on my phone. I can't say that there's any improvement as far as battery life goes but there are tons of other improvements in other places.
  12. teky

teky Well-Known Member

Again, the international S2 may well get it...the E4GT probably won't. We don't have a standard S2...we have Sprint's custom version.
  13. regression

The lease I have seen are for the Sprint Galaxy 2. Search Qbking77 YouTube page and you will find it.
  14. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

we will see if boost will get it too
  15. regression

16. teky

teky Well-Known Member

17. regression

Yeah, until I saw that video, I was pretty sure our phones were not getting Jelly Bean. I guess Sprint could still not release it, but hopefully they will.
  18. Netcat

Netcat Well-Known Member

Are we all masochists here? Do we trust that the JB update for our E4GT's will be better than ICS? :smokingsomb: This is all planned...If Sprint gave us a good, fast, reliable JB or even ICS for our E4GT's, then we would have no reason to buy their shiny new phones that already have ICS or JB installed. :hmmmm2:

Gingerbread until I get a new phone!!!
  19. greenghost2212

Well I'm on a good aosp jb rom and ICS is real good imo
  20. regression

Can you provide a link to the aosp jb rom you are on?
  21. Netcat

Netcat Well-Known Member

I thought we were talking about official releases from Sprint. Rooting your phone and installing a custom ICS or JB ROM is not the same as waiting for Sprint to release it. If you root your phone you won't get the update from Sprint anyway, right? When and IF Sprint releases JB, before I install it I'm FOR SURE going to monitor the forums for a few days to see if it is just as bad as their ICS update.
  22. greenghost2212

23. KidGixxer

KidGixxer Active Member

24. greenghost2212

I upgraded lol

Attached Files: