Samsung Desk Home

Last Updated:

1. Zeosstud

Zeosstud Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All,
    Got my daughter the Samsung Epic this morning and grabbed a case and the home dock for it. Hate the fact that you have to remove the back of the case to plug it into the home dock and the fact that it sets the ringer volume to mute every time I plug it in, not to mention the fact that the external speaker option for the dock wont go active until the phone is updated to Android 2.2

Now that my mini rant is over, I do actually have a question, anyone know what you need to do to get the weather stuff to come up on the Desk Home screen when that software is active, I am having no luck at all. There is no option for it anywhere and the automagic stuff must be broken. It clearly shows weather info available on all the pics and stuff Samsung has shown off and I would kind of like it to be there.

Thanks All and Happy Epic Release Day !!

Zeosstud

Advertisement
  2. rmingee

rmingee Well-Known Member

I got the dock as well. I got a side pouch case, and I guess that was a good idea given that I would have had to take off any other case, but I didn't even think about that at the time.

I'm guessing a lot of that customization will be available when 2.2 comes out and the audio port activates. Like you, I see almost no customization options on it at the moment.

-- robert

3. Zeosstud

Zeosstud Member This Topic's Starter

I am a little bummed no one at the sprint store knew anything about this, but I do not expect them to so it is all good. There are so many things that are right with this phone I am not going to let a few little pet peeves spoil it, heck it is not even my phone, it is my daughters :) She wont care. If I can get SMB streaming to work from my Windows Home Server to this phone for video's that will far off set these little issues. Can already do this with the audio files using Subsonic, local, wifi and 3G all working well. Now it is time to tackle the video stuff.

-- Rodney

4. rmingee

rmingee Well-Known Member

Yeah, the guy who sold it to me told me it came with an extra battery, so they've definitely got a training issue. Luckily I didn't really believe him...

-- robert

5. mlblack16

mlblack16 Well-Known Member

does it come with that little box thingy to charge a spare battery outside the phone like the original Samsung Instinct?

That was a handy and simple little device as you could use charge using USB, car charger or travel a/c charger.

6. Warlock

Warlock Well-Known Member

This is from Sprint's website: Download the multimedia dock application from the Android Market for a custom user interface when the Samsung Epic 4G is docked.
    Sprint - All Accessories