Samsung Epic 4G Docking Station?

Last Updated:

1. SnootchyBoochys

SnootchyBoochys Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have seen the video and pictures of the Samsung Galaxy S (International edition) docking station and it looks sooooo nice! Check out the Official Samsung Galaxy S international website and you will notice the docking station at the beginning and end of the video....Click on the bubble of the last part of the video and you will see a large picture and explanation of the docking station (http://galaxys.samsungmobile.com/)

....I was wondering if anyone has heard if the US versions of the Galaxy S will be getting any docking stations of their own? ....Here is my personal view.....The docking station must connect via the micro usb which judging by the pictures appears slides into the left side of the dock rather than straight down....From watching video of all four of the samsung galaxy s variants for the US it is apparent that the micro usb port is located on the top of the phone as is the international version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXuUi8PTkvM&feature=player_embedded)

Check out the video at 1:22 seconds for micro usb position....The problem I foresee is that the Epic 4G micro usb port seems to be in the middle of the top of the phone while the international Galaxy S seems to be off centered to the top left of the phone judging from youtube videos I have seen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nbl2iYcsmc&feature=player_embedded)

Check out the video at 45 seconds in to see the micro usb position....This could lead to Samsung having to decide if they should design a dock specifically for the Samsung Epic 4G or not.....I personally am very excited for this phone and will buy it with or without a docking station but I very much hope that Sprint and Samsung decide to bring a docking station stateside because it would be nice to have the Epic as an upright alarm clock for before and after bedtime.....Please let me know how everyone else feels about a possible Samsung Epic 4G docking station!

Advertisement
  2. Bigprimo

Bigprimo Well-Known Member

would be nice to have.

3. SnootchyBoochys

It should be interesting to see if Samsung plans to give the United States carriers the same kind of love as their international Galaxy S.....All of the carriers have different hardware bodies so it could result in an expense that Samsung is not willing to take.....Having a nice alarm clock docking station would be great though since I use both a traditional alarm clock and my phone to wake me up on days when I cannot be late......Please don't disappoint me Sammy! ! !

4. Stoney62

Stoney62 Well-Known Member

A case with a kickstand would fit the bill too.

5. SnootchyBoochys

Finally!!!! .....My prayers have been answered....LOL.....After months of anticipation and long waiting for a release date for by next phone I will finally have it in my hands on August 31st!!!!....I wish it was August 30th already but at least that gives me more time to come up with that $249.99 I will be needing to throw down on this Epic beast.....I am also very excited to hear that my home docking station questions have been answered as well!!! ....According to the Samsung announcement yesterday, all of the Samsung Galaxy S phones will receive a docking station and car gps mount on their respective carriers.....This is amazing news and it makes me even more excited to have the Epic 4G for the next 2 years....Here is the link to the Phandroid post about the accessories in case anyone missed the announcement.....I cannot wait for August 31st at 8am....It will be a truly Epic day indeed!!!!!!

Samsung Mobile Unveils Some Nice Galaxy S Accessories | Android Phone Fans