Samsung Epic 4g Galaxy S info on how to get custom ring tonesSupport

Last Updated:

1. mojothedojobunny

mojothedojobunny New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok So I got my Epic today (my first android phone) and it took me an hour of searching for info on what other people have done to get custom ring tones for galaxy type phones but for those of you that got the Epic from Sprint starting yesterday this is how you add custom ring tones....

1. start out by making a ring tone on Ringtones, MP3s, Wallpapers, Videos and more from Myxer.com and save it to your computer

2. plug your epic in and turn on the mass storage feature

3. when it comes up click "open to view files"

4. then create a folder and name it "media"

5. then inside of the media folder create another folder called "audio"

6. finally inside of the audio folder create a "ringtones" folder and copy and paste the ring tone you downloaded earlier inside the ringtones folder and it should show up in your ring tone list to choose from

Notification ringtones steps

To change the notification ring tone to a custom one repeat steps 1-5 then follow this step:

create a folder inside the audio folder named "notifications" then copy and paste your notification ring tone inside this folder and it should show up on you notification sounds to choose from

However because this means the ring tones are stored on your SD card anytime you have it connected to your computer as a storage device the ring tones revert back to defaults until you disconnect the phone. thanks and I hope this helps those of you that just got the Samsung Epics

Advertisement
    rangav, steveopia and alphachef like this.
  2. FINNEYJEN

FINNEYJEN New Member

I have followed the above instructions exactly but when I choose the ringtone from the list and hit "ok" I get a message saying "Sorry! Activity Android System (in application Settings) is not responding." It does this with every mp3 file exept for ringtones that came on the phone. Any suggestions? Thanks!