• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Epic 4g ?

Hey everyone, I have a friend who is on Boost currently, but has a crappy phone. Can I give her my old Epic 4g from Sprint? Can it be used on a Boost account?

Thank you.

There was a post around here that had a list of all the compatible Sprint phones to be used on boost and I think the epic 4g was in the list I'm not completely sure though

Upvote 0
I think she should try and really lay it on thick. No job can't afford to buy a phone, the existing one no longer works and so on. Since it is a sprint phone it should be in their system since they are using sprint back end hardware. They can add it if they want. You have nothing to lose. If it doesn't work then it doesn't if it does then boost keeps a customer. Not that she was planning to leave...

Upvote 0
I think she should try and really lay it on thick. No job can't afford to buy a phone, the existing one no longer works and so on. Since it is a sprint phone it should be in their system since they are using sprint back end hardware. They can add it if they want. You have nothing to lose. If it doesn't work then it doesn't if it does then boost keeps a customer. Not that she was planning to leave...

It won't work........

Upvote 0

It is not in the system. It is in Sprint's system, but not in Boost's System.

And I am not relating it to the network, that is a different entity from each companies internal systems.

Upvote 0
Since it is a sprint phone it should be in their system since they are using sprint back end hardware. They can add it if they want. You have nothing to lose. If it doesn't work then it doesn't if it does then boost keeps a customer.

Sorry, they wont add it - Sprints rules.

If she is open to switching carriers check out Ting, they also use Sprint and you can BYOD your Epic 4G to them. They bill based on usage so unless she's a high end user Ting can be pretty cheap - I've never had a bill over $35. Clicking the link in my previous posts signature will save you $25 off when you sign up (or to make it easier, here is the link).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones