Samsung Epic Call quality problem or normal?

Last Updated:

1. jhincognito

jhincognito New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,
    I have had my samsung epic for about a week, and i love everything about the phone except one thing.

Does anyone else get bad quality at medium to higher volumes through normal calls(not speakerphone). Anything over two notches from muted gives me a wierd vibrating noise when the other end is talking semi high pitched and consistently. It sounds almost robotic or like paper.

I didnt know if this was just my phone, the majority, or all epics suffer from this problem, I did google it and found a couple people had it but ive also heard the epic has good call quality so just getting an idea. Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

That is not normal. I have my volume all the way up, and the ear piece sounds fine. I'd take it back and get another one.

3. flonkas

flonkas Well-Known Member

I second this.

4. nchargreed

nchargreed Well-Known Member

I would have to agree. Return it for an exchange

5. Cappy

Cappy New Member

Definitely exchange this phone. I have experienced this very same problem with three of the four epics that I've had. The first Epic that I purchased was perfect until I got this microscopic scratch on the chrome which caused me to return the phone(big mistake). My second Epic had this loud static, constant buzzing sound in the earpiece volume anytime I turned the volume up above midway. The third phone had this same problem but to a less degree. The fourth phone had this very same problem. I checked the in-store models and only 1 of the 3 Epics had this problem. I guess I'm just extremely unlucky. I absolutely loved this phone but I had to return it for the Evo because I kept getting defective phone. Hopefully you're more lucky than I was. Good Luck