Samsung Epic Camera Showdown!!!

Last Updated:

1. Mistiq

Mistiq Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Samsung Epic vs Apple iPhone 4 vs Motorola Droid X vs Blackberry Torch vs HTC DRoid Incredible vs Motorola Droid 2

Let the Showdown

BEGIN!!!!

Advertisement
    Eazail70x7, Thai and Orlando Boom like this.
  2. Mistiq

Even though it wasn't the answer I was actually expecting, it seems that they did a fair job of judging the camera's in all types of conditions.

At least now I know not to ever ever count on using zoom in a life or death situation thought.

3. adelmundo

adelmundo Well-Known Member

Digital zoom is by far the worse way to zoom. Optical zoom is the way to go. I pretty much never zoom on my Epic, better to move closer to the subject than to use digital zoom.

Also, it goes to show that a 5 MP camera can beat a higher MP camera if the camera has better optics and sensors. MP count is mostly marketing hype, so unless you are printing super sized posters, then the camera on the Epic is sufficient.

4. Orlando Boom

Orlando Boom Member

NICE! Thanks for the article! :) I wanted a good camera and didn't know how good the EPIC was. I thought the iPhone had a better camera. Now I love my phone even more.

5. Thai

Thai Banned

Thanks...sweet!!

6. hydralisk

hydralisk Well-Known Member

I don't agree with their findings... BUT the Epic's camera is pretty nice. Overall I thought the iPhone 4 pictures looked better.

7. PoundSand

PoundSand Well-Known Member

what looks "better" in isolation doesn't tell you very much about what's actually a better camera if you're not there to look at what something actually looks like under the given conditions. ;D

8. Mistiq

I remember back before the Epic was released, People were saying that the same people responsible for the iPhone 4's camera were behind the Epic's camera as well so I always assumed that the camera on here would be top of the class even if it was only 5mp (Just cuz 8mp sounds sexy it doesn't mean it actually is once the lights come up)

9. Mistiq

Mod's delete please.

10. omgitsspooky

omgitsspooky Well-Known Member

My only issue with the Epic's camera is the shutter speed (I think that's what it's called). When you shoot a picture, it has about a 2 second delay and within those two seconds you have to stay extremely still to prevent blurring.

With the Evo, I noticed it's a lot quicker. As soon as you press the button, the picture is taken.

Is there a way to fix this?

11. Eazail70x7

Eazail70x7 Well-Known Member

The Evo has 2.2? Maybe thats why? Just guessing.

But I've found the Epic Shutter to be very fast imo. I have the "review" setting set to none so that I can quickly take pictures back to back.

12. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Excellent article. Not too surprised. The Samsung Moment's camera was very good as well.