• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Epic Nuclear Battery

al_mac04

Apr 17, 2010
I had the app killer by rechild on my epic from date of purchase (8/31) until 12/23. I would notice that all the time that my battery and phone would get extremely hot when the bat was dying. I took it to a sprint shop and they removed the app and put my app monitor widget up and it was running fine there after for a while. More so recently it has started to heat up again when in my pocket or even just laying on a cool surface (during non use). To be honest it feels like my phone is about to experience a Nuclear Meltdown. The battery charges fine when plugged into a wall socket but if I plug the usb into a PC or other charging device other than a wall outlet the phone wont take a charge and it gets extremely hot as before the app removal. The charging icon will appear but after an hour the battery has not increased in energy at all. Looking for advice, PLEASE HELP!:(:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones