• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Europa Keypad Lock during Calls

dljitx

Lurker
Apr 3, 2010
Hi,

My wife has the Samsung Europa and everytime she makes a call the screen locks on her which she finds so annoying that she almost hops the phone off the walls?

I have looked at the phone and I cannot see any way to remove it, Just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem and found a solution to it - i.e removing the screen/keypad lock whilst on a call?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dljitx:D

For a touch screen phone of any brand, normal behavior is that during a call, there is a proximity sensor which activates. When it senses something close to it, it locks the screen. For example, when you are holding it to your face, if the sensor doesnt lock it, your cheek would be activating the options on the screen.

Your issue is either that there is something blocking the proximity sensor, like an ill fitting case for example, or that the sensor is faulty.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones