Samsung Exhibit II SD Card Problem?

1. DrJJ

DrJJ New Member

I am quite excited by my new Exhibit 2...til, I noticed that the "Move to SD Card" did not work... or didn't work correctly. I could probably return the phone, but just wondered if there was a fix?

Here is what I know:
    I have tried three different SD cards with the same exact results... trying to "Move to SD Card" results in the error message, "SD Card is Full." One was a new Sandisk 16GB card, one was a 8GB older SD card, and one was a 512 MB SD card. All report the same error regardless if the SD card is empty or partially used.

All three cards work flawlessly in other devices and on my PC. The new Sandisk card has only been in my new Exhibit II.

I have tried reformating the cards both on the PC and in the phone... neither helping.

I can move files (such as large picture files) from the phone memory to the SD card without a problem! This works fine. There never is any issue with accessing the SD Card content (from manual copying) or writing to the SD card. It still reports "SD Card is Full." when I try to "Move App to SD Card" feature. I am running 2.3.5 Android.

I read in one place that some android set ups have problem with USB Storage and SD Storage. I noticed that my reported USB Storage reports almost no memory. I think that Move to SD Card feature is trying to write to this space (whatever that space is, since there is no USB storage attached to the phone). I have but a few KB left in this area as reported by my settings/Storage area.

If the phone is ACTUALLY trying to SAVE to this USB Storage (whatever that is on this phone!?), then there is not enough room to save much more than a small text file. It would make sense to respond back "FULL". My 16GB SD card also reports as good in this settings area and records 14.2GB free. Again, I can copy stuff to it without a problem... i just can't get a MOVE APP TO SD CARD feature to work.

Is there some setting that is confusing USB storage area with SD Card storage area???
    I do know that when I very first started using the Exhibit II that it COULD move small files to the card, but not large ones. Perhaps the small USB area filled up and the OS can't figure out how to access SD contents. Nothing (but things I physical copy to the SD card) ever gets to the SD card. But, I can use the phone to copy and paste files to the SD card without a hitch.

There has got to be some logical reason. The internal memory is now almost completely used and the USB storage has but a few KB of storage left (and I have not knowing ever used this area). Any ideas???

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Sometimes you will get an error message - just ignore it and tap "move to sd card again."

You will wanna check into your device's sub-forum for hints, answers, tips & tricks for your device. Here's the link: Samsung Exhibit 4G - Android Forums.

I hope the information found here will prove useful to you. :)
  3. tonloco

tonloco New Member

It is a design flaw with the phone. I haven't found a workaround yet. The phone has two internal memory partitions. One is considered internal and one is considered the sdcard. The phone refers to the second bay as USB storage. Go to manage applications and click on the third tab for the downloaded apps. On the bottom on the grey bar you will see your 1.6GB partition and how much is used. When you move the apps to the sd card it just puts them here. The Samsung Exhibit II 4G is completely out of sync with the OS when it comes to managing storage of apps. Samsung needs to work on a fix or refund some money. I have already purchased two of these phones, one from walmart and one from amazon.
    olbriar likes this.