Samsung Exhibit Memory Card error message

1. DMaree

DMaree New Member

If there is anywhere I have very little knowledge - it is of things electronic and computer lol. So here goes. I uploaded pictures from my phone to my computer. It had been saying low memory for awhile. After upload and disconnecting I tried to use the camera and it said" insert memory card to use camera" (when trying to use a couple of installed apps said similar as well)
    When I go to the gallery - it says "No sd card detected"
    What I have done: powered off then on - removed battery, removed and reinserted memory card. No cahnges.

Any suggestions? Please suggest in the simplest language possible lol - I'm really in learning mode here :)
    Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Welcome to the forums.

Have you tried re inserting the sd card again just to see if maybe it needs to be remounted to the device?

Hope this helps and thanks for joining :)
  3. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hello DMaree and welcome to Android Forums. The place to start will likely be to make certain the SD card is mounted by checking the SD card options in your phone settings as Digital Controller suggested. If it says it's mounted you might try unmounting... removing.. reinserting and remounting. If your phone still does not recognize the SD card your next move will be to use the phone to format the card.
    This will wipe everything off of the card so if you follow this avenue you will first want to see if you can still access the card via your PC and move everything precious to you off to your PC for safe keeping. Disconnect the phone from the PC and use the phone's option to format. Your camera app should then see your card and work.
    Best of luck to you and thanks for using these forums.
  4. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Hey there and welcome to Android Forums. :)

DS