1. Advertisement
  2. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

3. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

I want that!
  4. SgtBaxter

SgtBaxter Well-Known Member

Forget the lock screen, someone needs to swipe the camera software, as it's usually pretty close to what Samsung uses on their point and shoots.
  5. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

And the pictures from these phones look gorgeous! But getting the camera software ported is alot harder than the lockscreen :/
  6. SgtBaxter

SgtBaxter Well-Known Member

Well Vignette shows the camera can take better pictures than the stock software allows. I think there would be some serious legality issues though, considering how proprietary the Samsung camera software is.
  7. blink

blink Well-Known Member

A lot of what we do, I think has some "legality issues". lol
  8. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

really would love to widgetlocker add that...its awesome.

the more i see of the galaxy s phones the more i like them...honestly if the fascinate had launched at the same time as the dx i think it would have been a coin flip for me which to go with...dx might have won out just because of the screen size (and now the significantly better battery life) but the less locked down galaxy phones might be better development wise for roms and kernels

but the fact that ill have had the x in hand for nearly 2 months when this launches and we're getting customs roms and the battery is bad on the s still makes me happy to have the dx
  9. colchiro

I sent an email to the widgetlocker developer. We'll see what he says.
    nitsuj17 likes this.
  10. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw VIP Member VIP Member

Developer of WidgetLocker here.

Does anyone know if this is also available on the Captivate (I can borrow one)? I've used one briefly but only saw the lock screen where you move the whole screen to unlock (Which would be rather tricky with WidgetLocker as sometimes you'd want to interact with the screen but other times want to drag it).

If the puzzle piece moves just like a normal slider then this is straight forward. If it can be freely moved then it'd be a bit more work. I also need the image files but again if this is on the Captivate I can get them otherwise I'll look around for a Facinate system dump.
  11. colchiro

Hi Kevin, thanks for responding.

It appears the Captivate uses a different lock screen. I'll see if I can find a better pic.

It appears the Vibrant may have the puzzle screen:

12. shizzy1427

The captivate also has the puzzle piece unlock screen. The drag-the-film style lock screen appears when you have no notifications. Sorry for the bad pic, its the only one i could find. Notice the At&t logo Also, i believe the puzzle piece is free moving, because the puzzle pices appear in different spots for different notifications.

13. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

I bet unlocking your screen this way gets old fast. It looks like a PIA to me.
  14. yohankenobi

yohankenobi Well-Known Member

I kinda want it, even though your right Piiman, it does look like it could get old fast.
  15. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

Want it please!
    I want my moto phone with lg optimus launcher(so sweet)
    And the samsung lock screen, win
  16. yohankenobi

yohankenobi Well-Known Member

lg optimus launcher?
  17. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

Yea I found it on xda. Its almost like sense and the app drawer can be categorized.
    Its got two bugs but its sweet. Also got some lg widgets that are nice
  18. btizzle

btizzle Well-Known Member

Sorry to hijack the thread, but since we have the developer of widget locker on board, I got a request for him.

Hey Kevin, you plan on adding the froyo slider for an option? Pic below.

19. colchiro

Froyo AND Fascinate.... Wow! :D

Kevin's going to be busy this weekend.
  20. Piiman

Piiman Well-Known Member

You can install that launcher on the DX I've done it
    LG Optimus Home Launcher Port | larsa | Androinica

Like LP better.

I do like the app drawer better. I'd really like to see some app or launcher customize the app drawer so it can me sorted or filtered. It gets hard looking though all those apps. There is a launcher out there that does it (forget the name) but LP did everything else better so I ditched it. Still hoping LP does something similar soon.
  21. shizzy1427

Launcher pro can hide apps from the app drawer so you dont have to sort through apps you dont use all the time. Preferences>general>hidden apps
  22. kevin@teslacoilsw

kevin@teslacoilsw VIP Member VIP Member

Just a note, that "Froyo slider" is actually the Motoblur Froyo slider. Stock Froyo uses the same slider style as stock Android 2.1

I'm planning on including custom themes in WidgetLocker 1.3, most likely the Motoblur Froyo slider will wait until then to be included. It's possible the Galaxy S puzzle piece will too if I'm just going to do it as a graphical change, but if I have it move differently it might come sooner or later than 1.3. I don't like the idea of the puzzle piece appearing in different locations as that would cut into widget space and kill muscle memory. But I'll play with it on the Captivate and see what I think.

WidgetLocker 1.2.6 should be coming out in the next week or two (Still have to do a bit more coding and it will then need some beta testing). After that I'm going to be out of town for a bit and busy. But I'll make sure 1.3 is worth the wait.
  23. colchiro

Thanks Kevin,

I'm sure you have several beta testers here, including me.

Is there a way to fix the screen locking during a call? That's my only complaint.
  24. Thanks Kevin, it is much appreciated