• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Fascinate notification lights

lseap107

Jan 3, 2011
This is probably kind of a stupid question but I have to ask it. There appears to be what looks like a visual indicator light at the top of the phone just to the left of the earpiece. Only problem is, I never see it illuminate. I assume it does this when you get a new email or text like my Droid did. Anyone know how to activate the visual indicatior light if that is what it is for? I looked in applications and notifications but could not find anything. Just got the phone this weekend. Thank you

The fascinate doesn't have a notification led. What you're seeing is either the proximity or light sensors. I use NoLED from the market and it displays a little bouncing icon on your screen when you get a notification. There's also an app called BLN in the market that will turn on the soft touch lights on the bottom.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones