• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Fascinate phone - screen is wow!

Chaznsc

Android Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2010
Went to play with the fx today and help my wife with her phone choice and picked up the Samsung Fascinate.......holy moly that amoled screen is awesome. Benchmarked the phone and the score was poor, but for the light user it might be worth a whirl.

Everyone should go see the screen tho!

Yeah, I love the galaxy s line screen. They are awesome looking screens. How bad was the benchmark though? Cause I thought the galaxy s line was pretty top of the line for android phones. Too bad verizon had to ruin the phone by adding crapware and adding bing as the default search engine.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I love the galaxy s line screen. They are awesome looking screens. How bad was the benchmark though? Cause I thought the galaxy s line was pretty top of the line for android phones. Too bad verizon had to ruin the phone by adding crapware and adding bing as the default search engine.

Yeah the screen is INCREDIBLE. This is my first smartphone and I must say it was well worth the upgrade. As far as I know the internals for the phones are on par or better than most of the phones out there from a specs stand point. I know from personal experience that the device is pretty snappy, and it runs 3D games and apps like a champ. I have used my father's Droid X EXTENSIVELY and I have to say its just as good and better in some places (Screen is the BEST Ive seen on any recent device outside of the Iphone and Ipad). Sure it doesn't have the biggest screen but its VERY pocket friendly and is simply beautiful.

As far as Bing, I just removed the Widget, plopped a shortcut to google on the home page and it works just as well. The bloatware? Yeah, bummer but again its not THAT big of a deal. Plus I can root it (Still debating) and fix all those problems. touchwiz is not even comparable to Sense but is on the same level as motoblur and Ive gotten used to it VERY quickly.

TL:DR Its awesome, dont let people sway you away!

Upvote 0
I just got my Epic about a week ago, im still trying to learn everything but I love it. By far better than any of my friends phones. A friend has a Iphone 4, and we were watching some youtube vids on my phone, when it started to play she was like "what good is a huge screen, when you cant use all of it to watch stuff." Then I went into menu and clicked on watch in high quality... she was blown away. The screen is about as big as her whole phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones