Samsung Fascinate would not hang upSupport

Last Updated:

1. anksunny

anksunny Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all

I have had two samsung fascinate for about 2 months now. Yesterday my wife complained that after calling someone she wanted to hangup without leaving a VM and the phone was just frozen. This is not the black screen. This is she could see all the buttons etc and the hangup button was just not doing anything.

She said she powered off and on to fix it.

Well, this morning the same issue happened to my phone as well !! I wanted to hangup after a call and the phone was just frozen. I could not hangup. I kept hitting the red hangup button and nothing happened. Not to mention the other person got a long and blank VM.

Any ideas what is going on? It is two phones not one that are doing this.

Anyone else facing this issue?

Thanks
    Sunny

Advertisement
  2. dopepope

dopepope Well-Known Member

Are both of your phones stock?
    I'm also wondering if your phones are so low on memory/have too many other apps eating the processor, that the phone is hanging or being extremely laggy. My phone has lagged a bit as I've tried to hang up, but its never frozen like you've mentioned.

3. anksunny

anksunny Member This Topic's Starter

nothing loaded at all.

4. NOsquid

NOsquid Well-Known Member

I think I read about this in some of the early reviews of the Fascinate. Sucks. Probably the TouchWiz software bogging down. Is the phone snappy otherwise? If there's a bunch of lag you may want to try getting rid of some widgets/homescreens.

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Does the Fascinate have a proximity sensor like the Epic does? If so, try wiping it and see if the buttons work after that.

6. andonakis

andonakis Well-Known Member

Wow!! I'm having the same issue. It has happened a few times just never bothered to post since some of my posts never seem to get any replys, so I just wait to see until someone else has the same problem.
    Thanks for posting this and please if anyone has a solution let us know. When I'm on a call, occasionally all my buttons freeze and its becoming very frustrating.