• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Fascinate

Hi - I just bought a 2011 Explorer with their Sync system. I have the HTC Incredible. There is a lengthy discussion on the HTC forum about the Incredible not pairing correctly with most car computers. I'm not having any issues with making or receiving calls, hands free with voice dial, however, there is supposed to be a way to receive text messages. I keep getting an error saying my phone isn't compatible with bluetooth messaging. I also have not been able to figure out how to see my contact's photos. They're all on my phone, but nothing on the vehicle screen. Compared to the issues most are having, I guess I should be happy! I'll keep trying... :thinking:

Upvote 0
Sync is pretty good at working with almost every phone I have tried on it - with the exception of Nextels & older phones. Any newer model should work just fine for incoming/outgoing calls. I do know that my F150 will not read text messages from my Captivate. I have yet to find a phone that supports it.

Just curious....Have you been able to receive text messages or transfer your contact photos with an Incredible on Sync?

Upvote 0
I have a 2011 Ford Focus with the Sync system. My Fascinate works great, as does my Blackberry Bold and my Samsung Alias 2. I use my bluetooth headset on my Fascinate and Vlingo reads all my text messages. So I don't need the messaging feature of the Sync system. The only thing I don't like about Sync is that if I use navigation, my music pauses all the time so it can speak it's notification. Gets pretty annoying. I use a regular GPS instead. Also, if you use many of the Sync services, it dials an 800 number and gets it's info from that. So to free up my phone, I use my extra line (Alias 2) and I manage my phone calls on my Fascinate using my bluetooth headset.

Upvote 0
Do yourself a favor and DON'T get the fascinate. I used to be able to skip songs in Pandora by using the radio interface (forward button) but since the last update, it broke that functionality.

OK, so that's probably a pandora update that broke it but any excuse to steer someone away from this phone.

Seriously... Don't get it. I was in your shoes last October. Incredible or Fasciante. Go with the Incredible.

Upvote 0
I have a Samsung Fascinate and a 2011 Ford Fiesta. The Froyo update killed my bluetooth connectivity in my car. The phone connects at first but then wont stay connected for more than a minute. Or it goes into "Privacy Mode." Tried turning this off, and it is impossible. Reseting the phone connects you momentarily but then same b.s.

Just another gripe to add to the long list regarding the GARBAGE Samsung Fascinate. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE! Samsung should be ashamed to have rushed such a sub-par product to market. Has anyone had similar problems with the Fascinate and Sync?

Upvote 0
I have a Samsung Fascinate and a 2011 Ford Fiesta. The Froyo update killed my bluetooth connectivity in my car. The phone connects at first but then wont stay connected for more than a minute. Or it goes into "Privacy Mode." Tried turning this off, and it is impossible. Reseting the phone connects you momentarily but then same b.s.

Just another gripe to add to the long list regarding the GARBAGE Samsung Fascinate. DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE! Samsung should be ashamed to have rushed such a sub-par product to market. Has anyone had similar problems with the Fascinate and Sync?

I've been having the exact same problem with my Ford F250 Super Duty, worked like a champ then the update killed the BT connection. I have had limited success with not downloading the address book into the truck system, but now I can't voice dial. Lately it's been shutting off again and I have to disconnect everything and re-pair the phone to the truck.

I've called both VZ and Samsung and neither say it's their problem and this is the first they've heard of it. Weird since while at the VZ store there were two people with the exact same problems and they said they've also called VZ and Sansung with no luck and the same excuse.

Upvote 0
Not just a problem with Ford's. I have Sonata and it will sync up with it and work just fine to listen to music, but if I receive a call it will not go back to playing music- it will try, but after 5 seconds it stops playing. The only thing that will allow me to go back to music is to turn off the Bluetooth, disconnect through my car as well, then turn the Bluetooth back on in the phone and then the car automatically resyncs with it and I can listen to the music again. YES, if I get another call, I have to do this all over again!!!!! Only started after FROYO update. When do we get Gingerbread again???:mad:

Upvote 0
Ford has an update to Sync.

SYNC - MyFord Touch

You have to set up an account (which you should have done at purchase of car).

You download the update to a usb thumb drive and install it in the car. (I'd print out the instructions too). I dont know if this will fix the problem...but I am about to give it a whirl...keep your fingers crossed

What version are you on? I am on 3.2 - I think this is up to date.

Upvote 0
This really sucks. I have been all over the internet in numerous forums and it seems 2.2 has really screwed connectivity to Ford Sync, and its a wide spread problem, not some isolated examples. I have done master resets, updates, checked apps...nothing works. I am about ready to go off on somebody once I figure out who it is that gets credit for this fiasco

Upvote 0
This really sucks. I have been all over the internet in numerous forums and it seems 2.2 has really screwed connectivity to Ford Sync, and its a wide spread problem, not some isolated examples. I have done master resets, updates, checked apps...nothing works. I am about ready to go off on somebody once I figure out who it is that gets credit for this fiasco

I've done the same things as you and I'm also done with this thing... It worked flawlessly before the upgrade and now it is a pile of crap. Worst part is Sansung or Verizon think it's a problem, they both say they've never heard of this problem when I know darn well they have.. By me, a friend and the guy I met at the VZ store with the exact same problem. Thats just my little part of the world, I assume there is the same stories in every other town.

FYI... My Ford sales guy told me the texting feature only works with Sprint phones, so I've never even tried that. I just want an address book to download, phone to connect and use the hands free voice dial I paid for.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones