• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Fascinate

For everyone buying phones online just use swappa.com I just found out about this site and I love it I sold my Droid X on it and my Fascinate is for sale too. Check it out sometime. Im sorry how things went down for you. I remember my first purchase on craigslist landed me a stolen phone. Hopefully everything works out for you

Upvote 0
I have to take back what I said about swappa.com. I sold a New Droid X and included extras with it just to be nice. The guy I sold it too tried to return it I said no so the guy who runs the site sent me a threat saying id loose my phone and money without asking for any proof that the phone was as advertised. The guy I sold the phone to filed a dispute on Paypal saying the phone screen was scratched and it was internally and externally damaged. Paypal gave him his money back and I got my phone back. The phone was new and had no signs of use so I called Paypal and let them knowthat the guy that filed the complaint was lying and I emailed pics of my returned phone as proof. I guess its ok, at least that guy wont cheat anyone else. I figure he dropped the phone or decided that he wanted a newer phone and didnt want the Droid X. If someone by the name of Robert Swords or Daniel Swords attempts to purchase or sell you a phone look out for them. Definately stay away from swappa.com the guy that runs the site will not check facts out on a dispute.

Edit: I have my phone back but Im out of 10 dollars that swappa took for making a sale. Im out of 10 dollars I used for highlighting my phone on swappa.com and I payed for shipping. To recap I lost over 40 dollars because this sorry excuse for a person wanted to lie just to get out of a deal that he shouldnt have made if he wasnt sure about it. Oh I almost forgot now I have to sell my phone for less because nwer phones are out and being announced.

Upvote 0
I have to take back what I said about swappa.com. I sold a New Droid X and included extras with it just to be nice. The guy I sold it too tried to return it I said no so the guy who runs the site sent me a threat saying id loose my phone and money without asking for any proof that the phone was as advertised. The guy I sold the phone to filed a dispute on Paypal saying the phone screen was scratched and it was internally and externally damaged. Paypal gave him his money back and I got my phone back. The phone was new and had no signs of use so I called Paypal and let them knowthat the guy that filed the complaint was lying and I emailed pics of my returned phone as proof. I guess its ok, at least that guy wont cheat anyone else. I figure he dropped the phone or decided that he wanted a newer phone and didnt want the Droid X. If someone by the name of Robert Swords or Daniel Swords attempts to purchase or sell you a phone look out for them. Definately stay away from swappa.com the guy that runs the site will not check facts out on a dispute.

Edit: I have my phone back but Im out of 10 dollars that swappa took for making a sale. Im out of 10 dollars I used for highlighting my phone on swappa.com and I payed for shipping. To recap I lost over 40 dollars because this sorry excuse for a person wanted to lie just to get out of a deal that he shouldnt have made if he wasnt sure about it. Oh I almost forgot now I have to sell my phone for less because nwer phones are out and being announced.

wow sorry to hear that, i just sold a phone on swappa.com hope nothing like that happens to me!!

Upvote 0
I dont trust anyone without references. Especially if the names are different from forum to forum, and eBay. This is why if you dont have feedback, I wont pay or ship first. Ive worked hard on my positive rep on here, CB, and eBay and have luckily never had an issue.

Good thing is atleast youve got your money back. Paypal can be difficult to deal with for sure, so thats a positive side. I have never heard anything good come from Swappa. All the stories I hear are horror stories.

Upvote 0
When paying to an unknown person via paypal.. ALWAYS ALWAYS use a debit/credit card as the funding source. As Ballisticn8 mentioned above, this will allow you to go to your bank and have a chargeback done. I usually give paypal a chance to right things, but if they refuse or take too long, then you have a fallback option.

No, use a CREDIT card, not debit. The CC issuer will do the chargeback, but in the case of Debit, the funds are automatically withdrawn (duh) and unavailable until you get it back. At least with a CC it's "credit" so not auto withdrawn from your account; the money is still technically there for you until your next billing cycle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones