Samsung Galaxy 3 Battery ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Kelpd

Kelpd New Member This Topic's Starter

I have Samsung Galaxy 3 Android enabled mobile phone. Initially i have no problem with the battery. But from last few days my fully charged battery drains within 8 - 10 hours. I have no heavy use of my phone. I haven't installed any application.
    Why its happening? I don't know.
    Please help me to solve it.

Thanks.

-Kelpd

Advertisement
  2. stoffell

stoffell Active Member

Try to drain it fully (as described somewhere on the forum) and let it charge overnight while the phone is OFF. After that full charge (8 hours) unplug it and then turn it on again.

cheers

3. georgebc007

georgebc007 Member

Ya I too have the same problem with Samsung Galaxy 3. Have to recharge atleast twice a day ( even without using any application )... Very pathetic battery back up.... Without a good battery backup whats the use of a smart phone :mad:

4. barqers

barqers Well-Known Member

Do NOT try draining the battery completely!!!!!!!!

Batteries changed to lithium Ion batteries a long time ago, they do not have the same memory defect problems as the old batteries (I believe they're nickel metal batteries, NiMH). If you drain your Lithium ion batteries completely it could potentially damage your battery and make the battery life even worse. Make sure you don't have any apps that are killing your battery. And as I posted in another thread, here's an interesting thread to try and prolong battery life on our little apollos:

UnumMundum: Battery Life On Android!!

5. partom

partom Member

Wouldnt it be good if you could get a 2000 mAh battery upgrade for the phone. I know the battery has to be the perfect size to fit but surely some manufacture could do it. Battery, the weakness of any phone!

6. vimalvaghela

vimalvaghela New Member

Hi I m Vimal from gandhinagar gujarat, I have perched Sam Glx. 3, Last month I have same problem with mobile phone, Pls. do so, stop email account sync. download My battery free life from android market (a free appi.)