Samsung Galaxy 3 I5801-Manual installing of apps

Last Updated:

1. omkar_excell

omkar_excell New Member This Topic's Starter

Guys!

I hail from India and just last week, became a part of esteemed group of android lovers!

As am living the experience of seamless connectivity, minimalistic interface and multitude of processing capability of this OS (to hell with symbian), I have few concerns as well:

1) I need to go to market to download and install apps. Is there a way to download .apk files separately on pc, which i can further copy on my mobile and install? I want to save myself on time (slow GPRS) and money (heavy data charges) :)

2) Apparently, all the apps get installed on phone memory, posing a limit on how much you can install. Can I not install the same on memory card?

Thanks.
    Om.

Advertisement
  2. AndroidGold

AndroidGold New Member

For most non-Market app Android products, including phones and Android tablet pcs that have not received any license approval from Google to pre-install the Android Market app onto their devices, you can load the app data onto an SD card. We have tested some of the best Android tablets from China on our site and find that the easiest way to install apps is to download .apk files from the internet to your computer and then to your SD card - then put the SD card into your Android device and launch the apk file from there - you have options in your settings to install apps to SD rather than system memory.
    Good luck!

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join the conversations! :D