• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy 4.0 Media player (wifi)

Beanbeans

Lurker
May 4, 2012
I'm having an issue with battery drain caused by "Cell standby" on my media player. Keep in mind that this is NOT a cell phone at all, and every topic I find about the battery drain caused by this particular process, always mentions something about cell phones and trying to find a signal.
Is there anything that I can do about this cell standby process eating the crap out of my battery? This just recently started happening, too, I'm not sure if I installed something that caused it to start?

I'm having an issue with battery drain caused by "Cell standby" on my media player. Keep in mind that this is NOT a cell phone at all, and every topic I find about the battery drain caused by this particular process, always mentions something about cell phones and trying to find a signal.
Is there anything that I can do about this cell standby process eating the crap out of my battery? This just recently started happening, too, I'm not sure if I installed something that caused it to start?
Welcome to AF:D
Could be something that's is installed before or after that is causing the conflict/battery drain. How old the device? Batteries do lose the life after awhile is why I was asking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones