Samsung Galaxy 5.0 Wifi Everywhere chipTips

1. Musichead4444

Musichead4444 Active Member

Is there like a chip, or something that I can put in my Samsung galaxy player 5.0 to give me wifi everywhere?

Advertisement
  2. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

Essentially, no. To have "wifi everywhere" you essentially have to have a connection to the internet everywhere. The closest you can get to that is cellular data (3G/4G). What you would need is a mifi device. The real ones require data plans. I carry my Nexus One as a PAYG Gophone and if I really need to connect on my Player and haave no wifi available, I can turn on the wifi hotspot on my pj=hone and use my PAYG data. It's not all that expensive and I don't need it that often, but I'm not streaming media either. ;)
  3. Sideman

Sideman Well-Known Member

The SGP is WiFi capable already. It picks up any Wifi signals within it's range. Now, you may not be able to connect to some of them if they use WEP or WPS protection...because you need the key to gain access.

If you are talking about 3g or 4g coverage like cell phones have, no, it's not possible for the SGP.
  4. blackdog709

blackdog709 Well-Known Member

Is there like a chip or something that I can tape to my SGP to get free 3G/4G anywhere?:D
    Is there like some kind of credit card number that I can use for free on any on-line shopping site?:)
    Is there a way to make my car use water as fuel?:hmmmm:

kidding..just kidding...kidding...
  5. Sideman

:D:D OK, blackdog, now take your meds! :D:D

(just kiddin'):ciao:
  6. blackdog709

Is there a med that I can take for free that makes me feel great all the time and has no side effects? :burnout:

Is there a political candidate I can vote for who is really dedicated to the well-being of all those who make less than $200,000 per year?

Is there a way that I can hack into Amazon and get everything I want for free?

Is there a way I can play blues harp like Little Walter and guitar like bill Frisell without practicing?

Is there a way that I can tell who is going to win the World Series and be able to bet a large quantity of money with assurance that I will win?

Is there a way that I can get all the members of Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith to come over to my house next Saturday and play for me and my friends?

Is there a way that I can win the Boston Marathon without having to train?

Is there a way that I can live in an awesome house on the beach in Hawaii for free and surf and drink all day? (maybe Zep and A-smith would at least consider dropping by in that case...)

(and if I had those meds from #1....):D
  7. blackdog709

kidding...not kidding...just kidding...
  8. Sideman

:D:D I like your sense of humor, blackdog! :D:D

If I find answers for any of those questions, I'll test them out and pass them on to you. ;)

Now, back to the regularly scheduled post. (sorry for the diversion, folks)
  9. bob60626

bob60626 Well-Known Member

I'd love a GSM/3G version (though there aren't really any good prepaid data plans out there), but a chip/case like that Virgin Mobile iPod thing might be an idea.

Give me a 3G one with a slightly better screen and I could sell my phone and -maybe- my laptop!
  10. blackdog709

Maybe just buy a used Samsung Galaxy S or SII off ebay unlocked and pay month-to-month for data.