• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy 5.8 vs other mp3 players/handhelds?

So i hear that the Samsung Galaxy player 5.8 may come to the U.S., where i live. I want to know if you think it would be worth it to buy over other MP3 Players/Handhelds, such as the IPod Touch, for example. I think the Galaxy Player got many good reviews on Amazon, but i want to hear from people here what they think i should buy.

If all I wanted was an MP3 player, I'd probably go with something smaller...like the Sony Walkman. BUT I need much more than that, so the SGP5 is my choice.

On the other hand, my wife is a bit techno-phobic and just wants to play her music. She has the Sony.

You need to decide what features you want beyond MP3 playback. An SGP5 has many, much more advanced, features. Why pay for them if you don't need them?

Upvote 0
If all I wanted was an MP3 player, I'd probably go with something smaller...like the Sony Walkman. BUT I need much more than that, so the SGP5 is my choice.

On the other hand, my wife is a bit techno-phobic and just wants to play her music. She has the Sony.

You need to decide what features you want beyond MP3 playback. An SGP5 has many, much more advanced, features. Why pay for them if you don't need them?

I may want to use it in the library for stuff like watching youtube videos, forums, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones