• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung galaxy 5(i5503) major worries :(

I am also facing the same problem and the phone just sleeps off without responding to any button... Only way to bring it up is to disconnect the battery and then re-connect it... I am not sure if the phone is on or off in that duration. Phone also is restarting as per service center they reinstalled the fireware but still this problem persists

Upvote 0
Hi guys, I have two Samsung galaxy 5's, mine and my wifes'. Mine was working fine (most of the time) but it has been giving irregular issues. A few weeks ago I took mine into the local Telecom shop and had them upgrade it to Android 2.2 - since then, it has started doing the blank screen freeze requiring pulling the battery out to fix. I believe the phone was upgraded using the Kies software. I have not had my wife's phone upgraded and it is also doing the same thing, though not as regular. I know nothing about the programming of these phones and to say it is frustrating is putting it mildly. I am about ready to toss them both in the rubbish and get a cheap simple phone that actually works again! HELP!

Upvote 0
grove407,

yes it does, i have it, its a bug in 2.1 (eclair) i updated in like 5 minutes and then everything was fine.

d.t.android

(edit)

Kies is made by chinese and the update software is bugged on everything so, you have to flash it on otherwise you would have to pay to get it ota'd (over the air) on your phone.

From what you are saying, and from my recent experience, it would sound more like the bug is a result of the kies software, not so much a case of the android software itself. I have Froyo running on my phone now, and the phone appears to run much slower than it did on 2.1 Perhaps this is a function of the fact that with 2.2 you can now store applications on the SD card (SOOO MUCH better idea) however with a 16gb card like in mine, it takes a lot longer to find and load up all the software...?
However the stability and blank screen problem which started this thread is most DEFINITELY still there on Froyo - when loaded up with the Kies Software - just restarted from the 4th crash today... reminds me of windows...!

Upvote 0
Hi I have this problem with connecting the phone with Kies. Few days ago when I installed Kies it worked fine. I was able to syn my contacts with my laptop. Now I cannot connect my i5503 to my laptop. The laptop cannot detect it. I tried the menu settings, and in the 'about phone', there is no option appearing for USB settings that is supposed to be set to Kies. Any help on this?

Upvote 0
hye i m rantu from assam ...i have a samsung galaxy 5 mobile ...today one of my freind try to unlock my mobile in absence of me..now i found my mobile with the comand on screen as "TOO MANY PATTERN ATTEMPTS" TO UNLOCK SIGN IN WITH UR GOOGLE ACOUNT ... " but i forget my google acount id password because i m not using the acount last so many day....plz help me...

Upvote 0
I upgraded my phone to 2.2 via Kies some months back, and then did an upgrade again at the weekend to a newer version (Froyo.DOJP4) and so far it has been very stable on my wife's phone. I further upgraded my phone to Cyanogenmod 7 which is 2.3.7 (yes Gingerbread). I personally didn't like it so much as the previous version so I have been trying to go back to the DOJP4 version on my wife's phone - so far with no luck. I have reflashed it with the DXJP8 version for the I5503 from here and it says that it has reinstalled the ability to upgrade using Kies, but the update function will not work..
I am ok using the Odin updater and it certainly seems easy enough, but I would prefer to use the factory updates if possible. As I said, I updated my wife's phone using the Kies software, it has gone to black screen once in 3 days, rather than multiple times a day...! My phone running the DXJP8 firmware has already demonstrated instability issues.
Anybody know where I can download the DOJP4 firmware from or can I copy it from my wifes phone some how?

Upvote 0
I have the i5500 Galaxy on PC Mobile in Canada.

My wife has the same phone. My phone works fine after returning it. My wife's is non stop problems. Samsung has told me this is not a known issue. They insisted that it was an app that was causing problems. Did a factory reset and left the phone stock. It still locks up. This phone is crap. Samsung has lost me as a customer for good. They pass the buck on in every way by blaming PC Mobile, Android OS and app creators. It's simply not their issue and refuse to go further.

PC Mobile claims they've found no issues with the phone and return to me every time they take it in to repair it.

I'm going to Telus and buying an iPhone. I hate to make a deal with the devil but at least it is dependable.

Upvote 0
I bought 3 of these phones on pc telecom canada. All freeze up, and the grocery store i bought them at is not qualified to troubleshoot them and wont take them back. All forums regarding upgrade dont include files for Canada
Im very disappointed to find others complaining to samsung who tells everyone its not a known issue.

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem. I lock my phone and when I unlock it then bback light its on but the screen is black. The home, menu, back, and search keeps are lite up though. I have to press the lock button 20 times to unlock it. And sometime it won't unlock. So I have to slide open my keyboard. That even don't work sometimes. I don't have a galexy. I have an evo shift. I am scared my screen will go out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones