Samsung Galaxy 551 ProblemSupport

1. Tormando

Tormando New Member

I got my friend Samsung Galaxy 551 (gt-i5510m) android phone, however when she started using it we noticed that it throws this error (process com.android.mms) only when receiving sms messages through web ( web to sms tool from our courier website, and from our work servers when there is a specific notification needs to be send to a specific employee) though it receives messages normally if they were sent directly from any cell and it normally send messages.

I tried factory reset and tried removing the battery while the phone was on without any result, any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

It sounds like the web application doesn't like the default browser. You might try using a different browser like Dolphin or Opera.
  3. Tormando

Tormando New Member

Thank you for your input lunatic59, however my problem is not with the browser since Im not using it when sending web to sms Im using my PC, also our job servers send us sms messages through a web utility custom made. So the issue is if the sms was sent through other means than another cell phone it wont be delivered to our android cell and it just pops up this error messages posted above.
  4. karandpr

karandpr Well-Known Member

Try Chomp,Handcent or Gosms app.If you recieve sms fine,then disable notification of stock app.:)
  5. Tormando

Tormando New Member

Thank you karandpr actually your suggestion worked out. I downloaded Handcent and now the messages are being received on both Handcent and the built in sms app. Though the error messages stated above is still appearing. Is there a way to disable it?
  6. karandpr

karandpr Well-Known Member

Well disable notifications in stock app or if you are an advanced user with root.
    Rename mms.apk as mms.apk.bat disabling the stock messaging app.