• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 - Software Update Issue

Beccajane01

Lurker
Nov 10, 2012
Hi, I am new to the site and new to samsungs,

I have had my Galaxy Ace 2 a few months now and am generally happy with it :)

I have it set up for automatic updates, and just recently over the past couple weeks when doing the 'check for updates' it prompts that there is a software update available. I accept the download for it and it says 'downloading update package'.

Once it has completed the download the phone flashes up a large pop up titled Software Update and asks to install the update. I press install and then it flashes up saying 'device will be rebooted'.

Upon pressing ok, the phone switches off and reboots, turning back on with a screen appearing to be installing the update....

Now here is where the problem is..

Once it gets a certain point in the installation, it comes up with 'E-signature verification failed' and then aborts the installation and then the phone reboots as normal, and nothing has changed...

Any idea what this software update is for and why it keeps failing?

I have also tried doing the update through Kies Air, and through the pc software. This is really frustrating now!!

PLEASE HELP!

:)

I have it set up for automatic updates, and just recently over the past couple weeks when doing the 'check for updates' it prompts that there is a software update available. I accept the download for it and it says 'downloading update package'.

Once it has completed the download the phone flashes up a large pop up titled Software Update and asks to install the update. I press install and then it flashes up saying 'device will be rebooted'.

Upon pressing ok, the phone switches off and reboots, turning back on with a screen appearing to be installing the update....

Once it gets a certain point in the installation, it comes up with 'E-signature verification failed' and then aborts the installation and then the phone reboots as normal, and nothing has changed...

I have also tried doing the update through Kies Air, and through the pc software. This is really frustrating now!!

PLEASE HELP!

Hi I am havein the same problem is there any1 whos can help please

Upvote 0
Switched on my phone this morning only to be told there was an update available and should I install it or leave it for later I decided to let it update, after about 10 minutes of differant messages popping up it notified me that the softare was succesful and needed a reboot which I let it do, when it had finished I went to about phone only to find I was still on Gingerbread 2.3.6. and no sign of the Jellybean which everyone has been raving about

Upvote 0
Switched on my phone this morning only to be told there was an update available and should I install it or leave it for later I decided to let it update, after about 10 minutes of differant messages popping up it notified me that the softare was succesful and needed a reboot which I let it do, when it had finished I went to about phone only to find I was still on Gingerbread 2.3.6. and no sign of the Jellybean which everyone has been raving about

these regular updates are just minor bug fixes etc...
JB is a while away yet for our phone, depending on which carrier you are with!
It will be released to carriers sometime in Q1 2013, then the carriers will take weeks/months testing it's stability before rolling it out.
Unofficial versions are already available if you want to go down that risky route.
From what I've heard about JB, it is no big deal anyway...........:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

PLEASE HELP!

I have the same problem i am getting headache and i dont know what i need to make help me too plz

Upvote 0
My galaxy ace 2 is with gingerbread 2.3.6 .Is there any way i can install adobe flash player on it ? when i go to adobe website from my device it says that its not supported and cant install from there.Please help me:(

I have never used it on an Ace2 ( just visiting this forum becasue I bought one for my daughter for Christmas) but it almost certainly will work on your device
Flash was never downloadable from the adobe website for an android device. you had to get it from the Playstore. however Adobe recently discontinued support for flash so it is no longer available there either.
Officially you cannot get it at all. Unofficially there are many many copies available. if you Google "Adobe Flash apk" you will find copies to download and install. I don't think this advice constitutes piracy since it was free anyway when available. However the usual risks exist of installing any file down loaded from the internet. I am going to assume you know how to manually install apks. If not then just google "sideload Apk" and you will find instructions. Its very easy.

Upvote 0
Find the updated (GT-I8160XXLK7)
Flash with odin 1.85 on pc or laptop
Enter odin mode:-
Power off then-Volume down+Home+Power

Then Volume up to enter

Run odin then plug phone in and wait for com: to appear yellow

click PDA and find xxlk7.tar.md5

hit start & wait til phone reboots
then unplug it
Don't be tempted soon as you get the green light

best of look

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones