• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Ace Battery Drains faster..

Hey!

Can you please give some numbers to your words of "battery drains fast" =)
On the specification it says battery lasts for 640 hours or sth - that's a lot and not possible, so I'm hoping for some feedback from the people using the device.

For example:
1) how long does it lasts with wlan on/off
2) or just examples from your normal usage - what are you doing and how long the battery lasts in that scenario(s)

I'm thinking of buying it & battery life + build quality are very important things to know (I'm ok with the features that it has; don't think anything is missing for the usage I'd require).

Thanks in advance!

Upvote 0
There are few things I did for this:
a) I had taken 3 g service from airel, as 3g service is not stable, it was always trying to search for the network and switch between gprs and 3g it was draining the battery. So I diabled the data pack for some time and use it when needed.
b) Shut down apps which were running in the background like facebook, maps etc.

but overall dont think we can do much about it as 1350 mh battery is not enough for. I have another lg optimus one, which has an 1500 mh battery.. that lasts longer.. with simimlar usage.

Upvote 0
I was going to purchase this phone and now I have some doubts about it since I saw this topic. Can anyone post more information on the battery? If it lasts for 1 or 2 days, how much do you use it, 3G/GPRS enabled or disabled, phone rooted or not (if it makes a difference) and how does it compare to others like Galaxy Mini.

Upvote 0
C'mon guys - I guess quite a few of you here already have Samsung Galaxy Ace, right?
Most are complaining about how bad is the battery, how it drains so quickly, right?

But why has no one wrote any NUMBERS and the features, programs used during that time?

You can be saying that the battery is bad - of course is not as good as non-smart phones with smaller (maybe even black&white) screens.
It's obvious that you can't expect to go 1 week without charging.

For some (e.g., me) it's enough if it lasts 2 days.

2 days are actually perfect if I'd have WiFi on during the day (only use it for checking g-mail and maybe a couple of min for web-surfing), use camera for 5 photos, and 1h/day of calls.

That's suitable for me; I don't plan to play games for hours on the phone.
If I use GPS, I use it in my car & charge the phone all the time anyway.

Reactions: thieuban001
Upvote 0
Hi,

Well, I have my ACE since 3 days now. I had to charge it twice since than.
It was clear for me right from the beginning that by this kind of phones charging will be more usual in the everydays.

I guess, when it will becomes ordinary (this my first touchscreen phone) it will definietly keep longer to get the battery empty.

Right now I

Upvote 0
Hey Guys, I am using Samsung Galaxy ace from last 1 month & i am happy with it's battery. It lasts for 2 days. My usage is 10 -15 calls a day, 2Hrs of Music, 2 Hrs of Wi-Fi. Initially i had problems with battery, so i have done couple changes to the phone like below.

1) Disable GPRS / 3G immdiately ( Other wise it will try to sync the data & if you dont subscribe for any GPRS, so service provider will charge.)
2) Kill un - used services in Task Manager
3) Brightness to zero
4) Black wall paper... ( No live wall papers)

Upvote 0
This post is not about Galaxy Ace battery, but I just want to give you an idea about the battery in smartphones in general ...

I have HTC Desire (Li-Ion 1400 mAh) and usually it lasts for about 1,5-2 days.

For that, usage is following:
  • Wi-Fi = all the time ON
  • gmail + web browsing = mostly receiving and sending emails; checking webpages not too much ... that probably takes about 2 hours / day
  • gaming = 1 h / day
  • calls = 30 min / day (all on 2g network; never have 3g turned on)

Then I did a lil test ... checking what could be the battery life with minimal use of the HTC Desire:

-> I got 90 hours (3 days and 3/4)
During that time I was using the phone:
  • Calls = a bit more than 30 min (in total!)
  • Wi-Fi = 3,5 h (in total!); out of that mostly mailing + also some short-period web surfing
  • Gaming = a bit more than 30 min (in total!)

Basically the "test" I did was to check how much battery life I get when using my smartphone as an "old non-smartphone" (not using any of the newest features).
If I decide to buy Galaxy Ace, it wouldn't be for me, but for a not demanding user (who would still need to use some of the smartphone's features from time to time; e.g., mailing, web, gps).
So if in "minimal use" scenario smartphones lasts for 3 days = good enough for me =)

Upvote 0
i don't actually know what happened but i think the longer i used my ace, the more it became better. yesterday i was using wifi for about 3 - 4 hours. exploring the market, looking for new apps and games and installing them. my battery went down for about 40%. basing from the battery icon at the top right. earlier, i used wifi with the same number of hours and the same actions but with downloading and installing the database to my dictionary and it only went down for i think 10% or 15%.

i don't know what made my ace become better especially in my battery and in the performance.

1. was it probably it was because everytime i charge it was off?

2. was it probably, i charge it first off, then after charge turned it on, used it a little after 10% - 15% battery went down, charged it again until finished charging. what do you call this again? continuous charging?

3. was it probably the juice defender that helped me out?

Upvote 0
Samsung Galaxy Ace Pc connectivity
Guys, can you help me with this? Please! I haven't plugged my phone on my pc yet. How and what to do.

1. plug Galaxy Ace to pc using usb chord.

2. now what?

3. will it prompt which to use? as mass storage or use kies?

4. or will it automatically run kies and look for its drivers then have the interface of kies?

5. did you turned on the usb debugging thingy? don't know what it is.

Upvote 0
i recommend using juice defender, you can find it on android market
just use it on the "default" profile, it really saves you a lot of battery
it shows you how much it has increased the battery life,
for me it's usually 1.6 to 2.0 times the regular battery life.

also use battery indicator to show your battery percentage

i find these two apps really useful! :D

Reactions: SGALAXY
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones