1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Samsung galaxy ace camera touch screen not workingSupport

1. loai.ghoraba

loai.ghoraba New Member

Hi all

I had my Samsung galaxy ace mobile working fine for about 2 months, just yesterday it happened that the camera screen won't sense any touch at all, hence not responding to anything so I cannot take any picture.., even not responding to the "back" arrow or anything at all...I have to press the middle button to return to the home page..however the touch screen is working fine in all other applications- just when I run the camera app the touch screen will act dead..

any help ?

Advertisement
    :
  2. chismay

chismay Well-Known Member

do you nave an sd card installed? and sometimes if you have a low battery the phone wont let you use the camera, this shouldnt be the reason thou as it wouldnt show the cam screen.

you have rebooted and tried again right?
  3. loai.ghoraba

loai.ghoraba New Member

yes I have sd card installed, and the battery is full...and ofc I have rebooted multiple times :D...but again it seems a software/hardware bug ! because the touch screen won't respond at all....
  4. aish_varya

aish_varya Well-Known Member

do u see any "lock" icon on your screen ?
    if (true){
    press power button to lock/unlock camera
    }else{
    keep googling
    }
    marcioab, MatDey, HasSse666 and 7 others like this.
  5. loai.ghoraba

loai.ghoraba New Member

man you are genius :D thanks it worked =)
  6. xfifteen

xfifteen Member

Yeah I had this often :D haha, I don't know why that's actually possible... :)
  7. chismay

i just did this too..... im soo dumbass i knew about it too....it just didnt click in me head.
  8. vodaclare

vodaclare New Member

help im having this problem too except the power on/off os not doing anything
  9. cytix

cytix New Member

Grrr. i had to reset my phone twice...:mad:... thanks a ton:p
  10. coukie

coukie New Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you.... 2 days rebooting my phone & generally going mad over this...

I'm so thick!!!

Thanks again for asking & answering!!!
  11. kidguy26

kidguy26 New Member

Man you saved my nick :D , Thanks a bunch ;)
  12. shoehorn13

shoehorn13 New Member

Oh my god I was about to reset the phone... what is the point in that little lock? Thank you for answering this, glad I googled!:D
  13. hyphen32nz

hyphen32nz New Member

I just had the same problem. Thanks to all those who posted on here with the solution.
  14. chismay

the lock is so if your recording a video then click pause recording then lockscreen put phone in pocket and resume later
  15. MarcusAntonius

MarcusAntonius New Member

Awesome! Thank you! I woke up to the same problem this morning, and almost skipped a beat thinking my phone got screwy... :)
  16. dcsamsung

dcsamsung New Member

thanks that really helped :)
  17. Imran_0508

Imran_0508 New Member

I was having the same problem with my Galaxy GIO.......it fixed the problem.......thanx
  18. jamilhisham

jamilhisham Member

other than snap button at screen can we use other button to snap picture?
  19. HUGGS28

HUGGS28 New Member

Hiya

I have pressed my power button but their is not option to lock/unloack the camera function. I have a lock on my camer & its driving me mad. PLEASE HELP dunno if im being thick or not. I have tried pressing the power button while the camera is open & alos on my home screen :( :mad:
  20. MatDey

MatDey New Member

I registered just to say thanks. This has happened to my wife's galaxy ace a few times and had always managed to unlock it somehow. I was ready to bin it with frustration. :p
  21. Fratra

Fratra New Member

I'm so happy i got d solution to my camera phone here.I really appreaciate u a lot.Thank u soooo much.. At 1st I thought it's been damaged but thanks to goodness i googled it nd I found d solution with u.Once again Thanks a lot!!!!
    damewolf13 likes this.
  22. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Welcome, Fratra, to Android Forums!
    Glad you found the solution here.:)
  23. na_cho42

na_cho42 New Member

I bust my mind to figure out how to fix this very same problem for two days only to find such a simple answer..... ain't right :)
  24. Cuzjuan

Cuzjuan New Member

also what if I have modded cyanogen mid 9 which up graded me to android 4.0.4 the camera app is built in and can't be removed to top it all off doesn't which is why I need a new phone app and seem to come across same problem, a black screen which causes the camera not to function and or crash with no access or function to camera preview art all
  25. kisuka

kisuka New Member

hey guys i need ur helps i'm having problems recording videos and sounds everytime i click on the record button nothing happens i tried to install another app sound recorder from the market but it doesn't record either what should i do ?
    thanks a lot