1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i

1. tezbowler

tezbowler New Member

I do believe I should now be in a home for the bewildered.

My Samsung Galaxy Ace - keeps telling to reduce the internal memory,
    I have an SD Card total space 28.98GB and I was adviced to partion this, that's when my troubles started.

So I rooted my phone by watching the instructions on youtube, well I've got that app with half an Andriod and cross under it (SuperUser).

So then I downloaded Link2SD to my SD Card and install it by watching YouTube.

By now I was becoming somewhat of an expert so I thought, I soon came crashing to earth again.

For now I installed to my SD Card recovery-clockwork 5.0.2.6. galaxy.

Here's where my problems start I go into recovery mode, and download recovery-clockwork 5.0.2.6. galaxy from my SD Card to the phone and every time it tells the "Istallation has be aborted"

I need HELP!!! What on earth have I missed, can some deserving sole help me solve this problem, and place me back onto the road of sanity.:confused:

If you'reading this "May I wish you and your Family a very Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year.

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

First off welcome to the forums tezbowler,

I have moved this thread into the Ace Root Forum so you can receive some specific device support.

Hope this is alright and please happy holidays, i wish the best for your issue.
  3. ayush29k

ayush29k Well-Known Member

Where did you get the recovery file from??
    Is it made for S5830i specifically or some other model/variant?
  4. tezbowler

tezbowler New Member

Many thanks for your prompt responce.

I downloaded it free from the net "recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.6. galaxy" after viewing some Guy on You Tube partitioning his Galaxy Ace SD Card.

Thanking you.
  5. ayush29k

I still don't know where you got it from, i for one never download anything until unless its attached along with a tutorial and reviews by other users.
    You should also know that yours is S5830i and not S5830, they are not the same device.

Follow this instead : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1552792
  6. tezbowler

tezbowler New Member

I appreciate your concern and prompt responces, should I uninstall what I have and download from the Link you have sent me??

Many, many thanks
  7. ayush29k

Follow the tutorial i have given the link for, this is tested successfully by many people. You can read all the reviews in the forum.
    tezbowler likes this.
  8. tezbowler

tezbowler New Member

To ayush29k

Well done, I followed everything in your tutorial and its done the trick. I've been able to partion my SD Card. Just one fault everytime I restart my phone, link2sd instructs me to quick reboot, is this normal??
  9. ayush29k

I don't know about that, i never used link2sd for more than 2 days, i prefer scripts instead, setting up and managing all the apps through link2sd is a very messy business, i use cronmod int2ext+ script now, installed it 2 months ago, never had any problem since.