• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i

I do believe I should now be in a home for the bewildered.

My Samsung Galaxy Ace - keeps telling to reduce the internal memory,
I have an SD Card total space 28.98GB and I was adviced to partion this, that's when my troubles started.

So I rooted my phone by watching the instructions on youtube, well I've got that app with half an Andriod and cross under it (SuperUser).

So then I downloaded Link2SD to my SD Card and install it by watching YouTube.

By now I was becoming somewhat of an expert so I thought, I soon came crashing to earth again.

For now I installed to my SD Card recovery-clockwork 5.0.2.6. galaxy.

Here's where my problems start I go into recovery mode, and download recovery-clockwork 5.0.2.6. galaxy from my SD Card to the phone and every time it tells the "Istallation has be aborted"

I need HELP!!! What on earth have I missed, can some deserving sole help me solve this problem, and place me back onto the road of sanity.:thinking:

If you'reading this "May I wish you and your Family a very Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year.

To ayush29k

Well done, I followed everything in your tutorial and its done the trick. I've been able to partion my SD Card. Just one fault everytime I restart my phone, link2sd instructs me to quick reboot, is this normal??

I don't know about that, i never used link2sd for more than 2 days, i prefer scripts instead, setting up and managing all the apps through link2sd is a very messy business, i use cronmod int2ext+ script now, installed it 2 months ago, never had any problem since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones