• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung galaxy ace problems

OK guy, hope i can get someone here to help me out. i have a galaxy ace, bout 4 months old and it got a little wet. some water got on the back cover and into the back cover and when i realised i automatically switched off my phone and removed my sd card and battery.

after that i left it off for bout a week and eventually when i switched it on, it boots up, shows my first samsung logo and goes on to show my galaxy ace screen and thats about where it stops. it doesnt boot any further than that. im at a lost as to wot to do.:eek:

any advice as to what to try.

note also that when i charge my phone it displayes the battery charging and i can go into download mode with the phone still but its not booting.. have i somehow managed to lost my android system on the phone?????

i would really appreciate some help.

thank you

ive downloaded ODin 4.38 but just one question as to what firmware i should download, ive noticed all these firmware are specified for regions and im based in namibia (right on top of south africa)

any heads up for what version of software i should be looking for. i downloaded one firmware but its a full package (dnt have the pda and phone files seperately, just one md5 file ---->

S5830XWKS3_VIRKP1_Android_2.3.5

any feedback would be appreciated

Upvote 0
ive downloaded ODin 4.38 but just one question as to what firmware i should download, ive noticed all these firmware are specified for regions and im based in namibia (right on top of south africa)

any heads up for what version of software i should be looking for. i downloaded one firmware but its a full package (dnt have the pda and phone files seperately, just one md5 file ---->

S5830XWKS3_VIRKP1_Android_2.3.5

any feedback would be appreciated

go to settings->about phone and check your baseband version and download the same

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones