Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830I getting Android 2.3.6 update in IndiaTips

1. socrates0

socrates0 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
    siptar and tejiraj like this.
  2. babus

babus Active Member

I think 2.3.6 is being released for s5830I and not for s5830. Can anyone confirm? I'm currently with 2.3.4 in India. Kies shows it's the latest firmware.
    zaidqureshi likes this.
  3. socrates0

Yes 2.3.4 is the currente ver in India & KIES confirms it for me too. But s5830I has never sold in India so why did they make that announcement? Mine is Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830/S (GT-S5830OKAINU)
  4. nitinjaj

nitinjaj New Member

same here...no updates for my gt s5830..
  5. babus

babus Active Member

Are you sure that s5830I is not sold in India? Then why the heck they rolled out the update? Also thru samsung's twitter I inquired and they said 2.3.5 is available for s5830 in India. But that also doesn't come.
  6. Mackinon

Mackinon Well-Known Member

S5830 running 2.3.4, tried the OTA: Says no update available. will try in kies as well. is any one able to update to 2.3.5 in India?
  7. babus

babus Active Member

Huhh... It seems there is no such model like s5830I. I think this is a hoax.
  8. babus

babus Active Member

No. It's all hoax I guess.
  9. socrates0

But did they specify that 2.3.5 is available for Galaxy Ace. It could available for some other model :D I think we should hold our horses, in all probability they must have made a clerical error in the model nomenclature. :D :eek:
  10. swaroop_p1988

swaroop_p1988 Well-Known Member

Guess we need to update with Odin with the s'pore version only. Me too running with 2.3.4 Indian version and shows as this is the latest in Kies.
  11. manan001

manan001 New Member

guys even i checked near my service center they told 2.3.4 is latest version ..dont know what its fools are doing .. staying in gujarat....
  12. swaroop_p1988

as per the above posts.. guess it seems to be a rumour or false news spread. 1 week has passed and no updates yet... its irritating..
  13. Mackinon

Still no update.....
  14. vivekmandre

vivekmandre New Member

Guys does anyone know how to backup messages from galaxy ace to pc ? There is no such option Available in Kies. Very disappointed with this kies. I had another old version but it's samsung new pc studio. I could backup all my messages.
  15. socrates0

I connected my phone to KIES today it said there was some patch i agreed to install after it went thru it showed this as current ver of firmware
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

then KIES gave an error & crashed, after restarting its back to what it was originally ver 2.34. S5830DDKQ6 :eek::p

I guess Samsung believes in using KIES to test your loyalty to Samsung & Android :D
  16. socrates0

Yup use this FJ Software Development
    but backups thru this s/w can be restored only to Android phones.
  17. vivekmandre

vivekmandre New Member

socrates0 thanx.. i am installing that now.
    Mean while, I updated kies. As u have posted the snapshot, i think there is some glitch in your update. Try disabling antivirus of your pc and then update kies. It should work fine. For me, it's showing this though i didn't update my firmware yet.
    [​IMG]
  18. vivekmandre

vivekmandre New Member

i have attached the screen snapshot of the firmware upgrade it shows.

Attached Files:

19. swaroop_p1988

this is an old update only which is 2.3.4...
  20. Mackinon

Its a patch over the old 2.3.4 update.. with few fixes and no changes in the ui
  21. LINGAM

LINGAM Active Member

hi, my ace GT-S5830 is from Singapore and i have updated today through kies.
    android version 2.3.6: base band version - s5830XWKT3: KERNEL VERSION-2.6.35.7-perf-CL787041 root@DELL86#1: build number-GINGERBREAD.XWKT7 . this is what my phone shows after update. i am in india.but could not connect to wifi (bsnl). do not know if it is the fault with upgrade or with the service(bsnl) . but internet connection works on the PC. my previous version was 2.3.3. should i go back and if so how?.i am a complete zero on technical matters and would like a step by step guide. thanks in advance. would appreciate any guidance.
  22. Mackinon

You should try restarting your phone phone, doesent seam to be bsnl problem...
    and i checked OTA still no update in India...
  23. learn2earn

learn2earn New Member

I am not sure whether there is a model like S 5830i. Is it for India?
  24. socrates0

25. Mackinon

guys finally updated to official 2.3.6 via OTA...