• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

samsung galaxy ace sim icon with white !

Hi, welcome to Android Forums! :)

Does the icon in the notification bar have any message with it when you pull the bar down? I don't know much about this phone but I'm wondering if perhaps it's a network issue you're having. (Perhaps the nearest mast to you has gone down or is having repairs) Is the other SIM you tried also on Orange?

I would suggest checking the Orange Coverage Checker, but unfortunately unlike Three, they don't display maintenance info so there's no telling if it's network related or not at the moment :(

I'll have a look around and see if I can find any other threads related to this, and hopefully I can have an answer for you :)

Upvote 0
I have the same problem..or rather my dad does. Got him a galaxy Ace which he put his sim in this morning. It initially worked then stopped. There is a sim card symbol in the notification bar. If you try and make a call it immediately comes up with "mobile network not available". There is available network as my sons identical phone works fine. Putting the sim in my lads phone produces the same fault???

Upvote 0
Hi, I had the exact same problem and googled for a list of samsung galaxy ace icons. There's an online user guide on Virginmobile.com. It says that icon means no SM or USIM card. I re-checked the sim card and found it was actually inserted the wrong way. Fixed it and now the phones up and running. I'd give you the link, however, apparently, as a new user on this website, I can't do that yet :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones