• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

samsung galaxy ace strange connectivity problem

robisok

Lurker
Feb 6, 2012
Hi this is my first post so hello and thankyou for reading this, my problem is a bit of a strange one, i have the samsung galaxy ace GT-S5830, i have had this phone for a month or two so i am just learning about android as i previously had an iphone, anyway my problem is a connectivity issue, i am able to access the internet through my installed apps, such as facebook, twitter, zedge e.t.c. but i cannot access the internet through google so i can access facebook through the android app but not by doing a google search, i have tried this on various rooters with the same issue, it is a bit of a contradiction as i can access the web through an app but cant access the same webpage through the google route, i am sure that this is probably a setting that need to be set or something silly like that, the only thing i can think that has changed is i made a connection setting at the university i attend and to my knowledge i can access the web through that router, although i have an android tablet "asus transformer" and have made the same settings on that without this problem, also it might be worth mentioning that there is an android update for facebook, i am able to access facebook via the app but i cannot do the update, also i cannot access the android market. Any help would be much appreciated. Thankyou...:thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones