• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung galaxy ace...telephone or battery's vampire

hi guys, few days ago I made a contract with 3 for a samsung galaxy ace and I must say that it really surprised me, if you consider the small price it is a great telephone I enjoyed every second spent with this new phone, but... there's always a but...this morning I turned on the mobile at 100% charged at 7.30 am and at 1pm it was already asking me to plug in the phone!!! I used it quite a lot but just for texting and browsing on the web, no videos, downloads, phone calls, I also put the brightness almost at the minimum....Do you have the same problem? I thought that maybe was a problem of the telephone and that I should go at three to change it, but before i would like to know if I'm not the only one. another question...I have also noticed that while with headphones the audio is really good, from the speaker is very low, especially from youtube, to hear i have to put my ear next to the speaker if I'm not indoor, I wonder if this is also a common problem or it could be an idividual problem. thanks to everyone will try to answer

:)

Giovanni

My phone lasts upto 20hrs with moderate use. Your battery was consumed by your internet use, you either used wifi or 2g/3g, they both take up a lot of battery, not to mention the general usage by apps and if there is an app that requires high processing power then the cpu would also be taking up a lot of battery.
I am guessing that this is your first smartphone, i might be wrong, but the general consensus is that today's smartphones although advancing in terms of processing power, the battery technology hasn't been able to keep up much. Most smartphone users have a low battery complain, you are not alone mate.

You have a battery problem when your battery drains out without much usage, that would be a sure sign of a problem, not this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones