Samsung galaxy apollo software questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jack.Droid

Jack.Droid Member This Topic's Starter

Sep 17, 2010
    can i go from 2.1 to 2.2 yet, and if thats a yes how? im relatively new to this phone and android in general which is why im asking

and whilst im making this thread i might aswell ask, whats rooted and unrooted?

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Jan 19, 2010
    Hello Jack. I moved this to the Apollo forum where your question about that phone specifically can be better answered.

As to rooting an Android device, that is a simple procedure which allows the user access to more of the workings and files of the system than a non-rooted device.

Unrooting simply reverses that and restores it to as it was when you purchased it.

Each Android phone has its own, slightly different method to achieve root, and to unroot.

Along with the access to more of the system files, etc, comes the danger of causing problems such as removing files or applications that are essential, or connected to essential portions of the system for proper function; a bit of knowledge is needed in order to avoid doing that. ;)

Most rooters have no problems at all, because there is a lot of good advice out there, especially in Android Forums, and it's prudent to ask before doing much of anything once rooted.
  3. pravarthegreatest

pravarthegreatest Member

Oct 9, 2010

I think we all should send emails and contact Samsung and let them know about the battery problem and the GPS problem we all are facing so that they release a firmware upgrade for Galaxy 3 GT-I5801 as soon as possible and rectify the problem.That's the only solution at the moment.I am definitely sending a mail to Samsung and hope others also do the same.