Samsung Galaxy Gio - email repeatsGeneral

1. sharonshields2

sharonshields2 New Member

I've got a Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-25660 - one of those freebe deals through 2 degrees. The phone is great but there is one problem, a rather annoying problem. It keeps pulling up all old emails no matter how often I delete the darn things - and delete all from the trash folder too. They just keep on coming back at me. HELP!! I'm not a whizz kid so please just make it simple and straight forward. I hope you can help me.

Advertisement
  2. Waldys

Waldys Well-Known Member

What kind of E-mail account is it?

The phone doesn't work like an E-mail program, like say Outlook, does.

When you receive an E-mail, Outlook reaches the server, retrieves a copy of it
    and saves that copy of the E-mail onto Outlook for you to look at. Even when you
    "delete" the e-mail, Outlook simply moves it to a folder called "Deleted", but the
    E-mail is not really gone. There is still a copy in the server, where the E-mail REALLY
    exists.

Your phone communicates with your E-mail server and retrieves a copy of your
    E-mails FROM the server itself every time the unit syncs. ...

Try accessing your Outlook, and going into "Accounts Settings",
    click on your E-mail address and click on "More Settings" click on the
    "Advanced" tab and there, under Delivery, put a check mark on "Leave a
    copy of messages on the server" and on "Remove from server when deleted
    from Deleted Items"
  3. sharonshields2

sharonshields2 New Member

Hello Waldys, thank you for responding to my question. I got a little bit lost in trying to follow the instructions. They looked straight forward but you know how it can be at times. I guess I'll find out soon enough if I got it right. Once again, thank you very much.