Samsung Galaxy I7500 Issues - Need helpSupport

Last Updated: 2011-08-28 01:53:24
  1. bhappyharsha

bhappyharsha Well-Known Member

Hi,

I've bought the Samsung Galaxy i7500 (8GB memory) and installed the PC Suite on my computer along with the USB drivers. When i connect the mobile to my computer, my PC detects it as 2 removable disk drives (G and F). However, when i double click them, it gives me a message to insert disk in the G or F. If i click the phone icon, it says "Unsupported Device"

This morning, I've copied few music files and a video to my mobile. However, i don't see them on my mobile under music and videos. I have taken few pics during the day and i cannot copy them to my system because although i can see them on my phone, i cannot see them on my computer when i connect the mobile to PC.

Not sure what i missed. FYI, I've tried both by checking and clearing the checkbox for the Mass Storage only setting.

I've also attached the screenshots of what my PC Studio gives me a message when i try to access the phone.

PLEASEEEEEEE HELP!!!!!!!!

Regards,
    Sri Harsha.

Advertisement
  2. Mr.DNA

Mr.DNA Well-Known Member

When you connect your phone to your pc, are you also remembering to mount the drive from the pull down status bar?
  3. bhappyharsha

bhappyharsha Well-Known Member

Hey... I did not know this.. Thanks a lot for this information. :) I did it and i am able to copy images from my mobile to my computer. However, I have this problem that i try to copy music files from my computer to the phone and in between it suddenly "unmounts" the usb itself and says "Please insert disk into Drive G.

I have another question. If G drive is the memory slot, then what is F drive for? Even after mounting the USB, i get the message "No disk in F drive"

Please help me.

Regards,
    Sri Harsha.
  4. Mr.DNA

Mr.DNA Well-Known Member

I can't speak for others, but I know that my phone and/or the usb cord it came with can be troublesome depending on different computers I may have it connected to - some will hold the connection fine, transferring many large files; others will drop/unmount as you described.

In the case of the latter my solution is usually to simply pop out the external sd drive and copy files directly to/from it, rather than going through the phone.

If two drives are showing up when you connect your phone, one (with probably everything on it - DCIM, etc.) is your internal drive and one (with probably nothing on it) is your external drive.
  5. chronodekar

chronodekar Well-Known Member

^
    |--- what he says. Pretty much the same advice from me.

-chronodekar
  6. Lelouch

Lelouch Well-Known Member

It works way better on Linux machines then on Windows. When I transfer files on my phone, I use Ubuntu.
  7. Mr.DNA

Mr.DNA Well-Known Member

I have the most trouble with drag/drop file transfers on my Ubuntu machine (although I seem to have no push/pull problems from within the terminal). Drag/drop has worked flawlessly for me on any of the Macs I have ever connected to.
  8. chronodekar

chronodekar Well-Known Member

A perfect example of "it just works". :)

I'm seriously tempted to buy a Mac, but I'm having a heck of a time deciding. ( Mac/iPad/Alienware ... etc)

-chronodekar
  9. kambar1214

kambar1214 New Member

my dives dos not show me market icon plz hlp me