Samsung galaxy imei number blocked by t-mobile

Last Updated:

1. gigglesclaire8

gigglesclaire8 New Member

Hi all. Right a bit of a long winded story but here goes. I brought a Samsung galaxy s phone in January from a phone shop,it came brand new with the box and everything inside. It was unlocked when I brought it ready to put my orange pay monthly sim into. It was originally a t-mobile phone which got unlocked. And all was fine,until I got a new phone, I sent my phone off to a recycling website called fonebank on Wedensday this week. They received the phone yesterday,I got an email off them saying there was a problem with the checkmend report that they do,to prove the phone has not been stolen or any other claims on it. So I paid

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Welcome to the AndroidForums, gigglesclaire8.

Sorry that you are having the troubles you've described above . . . unfortunately, I have not the foggiest idea how to help you.

Tell you what I will do, I'll ask-around and see if our other, more wordly Mods or Guides have any experience with this (or hopefully, some other, more knowledgeable kind soul may reply with an answer, too).

You might post a thread in the Orange carrier section for your phone:

Orange - Android Forums

and / or the T-Mobile section:

T-Mobile - Android Forums

Cheers and glad you signed-up with us!
  3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

If you paid by any other means than cash then there is going to be a paper trail establishing that you did, in fact, purchase it from a store,and the onus will then be on the store to prove where they obtained the device from.

Also, that will (hopefully) have T-Mo go back and establish whether there was a clerical error in entering the IME into the system to report it as a blocked phone.

If you paid cash, then you should locate the receipt for the purchase.
    scary alien likes this.