• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy J5 no usb connection

ltmpx

May 28, 2015
First off all, english it is not my native language so bear with me :). If i did not set the thread in the wright way, i kindly ask a admin to correct me.
I have a samsung galaxy j5 (sm-j500fn) with android 5.1.1, rooted and i do not have usb connection with a pc.
I have tried:
reset to factory settings
changed 3 usb cables
installed samsung's kies
connect to every pc usb port
connect to a second pc
boot in download mode
use the odin
installed the samsung's usb drivers, in all the possible way, and after 2 days i give up! i do not have a usb connection, the pc does not even sense that a device it is pluged in! with another phone lg i can connect to pc, so it is a samsung's problem.
Please be so kind and let me know if there is a chance with my phone....
Thank you !

First off all, english it is not my native language so bear with me :). If i did not set the thread in the wright way, i kindly ask a admin to correct me.
I have a samsung galaxy j5 (sm-j500fn) with android 5.1.1, rooted and i do not have usb connection with a pc.
I have tried:
reset to factory settings
changed 3 usb cables
installed samsung's kies
connect to every pc usb port
connect to a second pc
boot in download mode
use the odin
installed the samsung's usb drivers, in all the possible way, and after 2 days i give up! i do not have a usb connection, the pc does not even sense that a device it is pluged in! with another phone lg i can connect to pc, so it is a samsung's problem.
Please be so kind and let me know if there is a chance with my phone....
Thank you !
Did u have a USB connection before rooting ??

Upvote 0
Then the problem must be in device firmware caused by the rooting process. Flashing the stock firmware will help mostly, but mobile Odin is not yet compatible with J5. You should probably wait for some methods to flash stock rom without pc for your device or contact service center people
Thank you for your answer! I will wait/search for a method to flash stock rom without a pc.....

Upvote 0
Thank you for your answer! I will wait/search for a method to flash stock rom without a pc.....
so, today i run out of battery, and i have tried again, with the latest of the odin, and i have a usb connection! i did a reflash with the stock image! sadly i can not say why i get the usb connectiin again if it was the latest odin or the fact that the mobile was empty on battery....

Upvote 0
Hi, since I'm having the same problem, not possible to connect samsung J5 to my PC, I'm deseprate. I'm a woman (older) who is trying everything I understand. I want to try this dial #0808# also but does not know what mtp adb means, so what do I have to select? I just regret buying this phone. Too bad my Samsung S2 had given everything so I was forced to change. Don't like the J5 at all. Is there any smart guy who can help me?

" Try this dial *#0808# and select mtp adb option then connect to pc and try"

Upvote 0
I just bought a Samsung J5 and had trouble connecting it to my PC. I tried several things and did get it connected in the end. I suggest loading up Samsung's "Smart Switch" software to your PC. That should automatically install the needed drivers. I had to restart my PC for it to work. There is a helpful "Team Android" page here: http://www.teamandroid.com/2015/11/19/samsung-galaxy-j5-usb-drivers-download-now/ ... note I started by just downloading the USB drivers but that didn't seem to work.
Hope this helps... Johan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones