• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Mega I9502 LTE & I9500

MrHerbDaily

Jan 16, 2013
I found a website that sells unlocked Mega 6.3 I9205 and I9200 phones. Do they both work with metro pcs? And do these phones require a sim card? Right now I have a LG Motion 4G and would like to upgrade. Would I be able to activate the samsung galaxy mega 6.3 without a sim?

I found a website that sells unlocked Mega 6.3 I9205 and I9200 phones. Do they both work with metro pcs? And do these phones require a sim card? Right now I have a LG Motion 4G and would like to upgrade. Would I be able to activate the samsung galaxy mega 6.3 without a sim?

You do know you wouldn't be able to get LTE and you'd only get HSPA in refarmed areas

Upvote 0
You do know you wouldn't be able to get LTE and you'd only get HSPA in refarmed areas

I believe you got this backwards. If the megas he is looking at are the same as the att model and not the unlocked international versio they support bands 4 and 7 lte. But do not support the hspa+ t mobile bands. So he would only get 2g or lte.
How much are they selling the megas for? 399 thru metro themselves isnt a bad price at all for it and you dont have to worry if its compatible or not.

Upvote 0
I believe you got this backwards. If the megas he is looking at are the same as the att model and not the unlocked international versio they support bands 4 and 7 lte. But do not support the hspa+ t mobile bands. So he would only get 2g or lte.
How much are they selling the megas for? 399 thru metro themselves isnt a bad price at all for it and you dont have to worry if its compatible or not.

Nope ATTs is the i527 and in an area where you get LTE on tmobile with ATTs model you're more than likely to get HSPA+ on the 1900MHz band since the equipment basically goes hand in hand

Upvote 0
So if I upgraded through metro pcs and got the phone from them I would not get 4g or LTE?

You'd only be able to get HSPA+(4G) on the 1900 band, no AWS HSPA or LTE

I don't get it, why does metro pcs advertise it as LTE phone then?
I think Gman missunderstood your question.

If you bought the metro branded device I am fairly sure it will work on both 4glte and AWS hspa.

I have not looked into that phone though so I could be mistaken.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones